Different Things On Site Not Working All Of A Sudden

I’m having SERIOUS issues with my whole site not working correctly.

1. My calendar (which I use MEC Calendar) is just stuck on 1 day. You can’t move to another day. Not only that, but the countdown timer is no longer showing up

2. You can’t navigate on the mobile version of my site because the menu button/ “hamburger” icon is not working at all

3. On the image below, I used to be able to hover over the pic and click on it, then their bio would pop up. Nothing happens now when I click on it.

1. Under the MEC Calendar, it’s asking for my purchase code. I input it, and nothing happens. It’s still showing not valid.

2. It’s saying there’s an update for my X theme. I’m not sure if I want to update it because I may lose all the customization I have for my site. I paid a web developer to create it for me.

Please advise me on how to fix ALL these issues ASAP please.

Thank you.

Adrian Hines

Hi Adrian,

I checked your site and can see that you have incompatible versions of the theme and cornerstone.

Please update your theme to the latest version - X 6.3.8

Remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks

Paul,

Thanks for your response. I do see that my theme is not updated. I’m uneasy about updating it because it says I may lose my customization. I’m not sure what a Child Theme is. And after reading the article, it seems way over my head.

Any suggestions that’s user friendly?

Hi Adrian,

You have two option it’s either roll back Cornerstone to previous version or update your theme to latest version.
But I would recommend that you update your theme. Can you provide us details on what customization you have done. If you have not edited any of the theme files, then you are safe update theme.

Please don’t forget to create a full backup before updating, you can use this third party plugin

Thanks

I’m waiting for the wed developers to get back to me. As soon as they do, I’ll update you.

Sure, let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello,

The web developer confirmed that all customization was done in a child theme, to the style.css. Your forum won’t allow me to provide the actual file info (too many links), but it’s available if you need it.

So the child theme is my active theme. Do I update the parent and if so, does that mean I need to activate it and then reactivate the child after the the parent update is complete?

Thanks,
Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Yes, you need to update the parent theme but you don’t have to activate it. Simply click the Update Now link in Appearance > Themes.

Thanks.

Christian,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping me with this. Everything updated just fine. All the issues are fixed. The only thing that isn’t working correctly is the menu button is expanded showing all the options. When you click on it, it doesn’t collapse back. See pic below. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi Adrian,

Since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. Always make sure that your clear the plugin cache after every updates or even making any slight site changes. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

It hasn’t worked yet, but I’ll keep trying.

Hi Adrian,

You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

How do I know which ones are 3rd party plugins?

I just tried different themes and the menu button is working fine on mobile. But when I switched back to this theme, it continued to have the same problem. Also I just inactivated all my plugins except cornerstone and I am still having the same issue.

Hi Adrian,

The only plugin that isn’t 3rd party is the cornerstone, but there are also bundled plugin and recommended (supported) plugin. Please check them here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

And the menu is only applicable on X theme, activating another theme will also disable that menu. Instead, could you try activating the parent theme instead of the child theme? It seems the menu structure is still old which means, you probably have custom templates in the child theme.

Thanks!

I activated the parent theme and it fixed the menu issue on mobile. HOWEVER, the footer menu is now messed up. Plus, the banner on each page is not formatted the way it’s supposed to be. So I’ve activated the child theme again. There has to be a way to fix this. I wasn’t having these issues until the recent update came out. Nothing else has been changed or added on my site. I thank you guys for helping me to find a resolution.

Hello @adrianhines,

Could you please disable W3 Total Cache and check your site again?

If still the issue exist, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Disabling it didn’t work. Here’s my log in info

Hi There,

Upon checking your website I could see that you’ve copied a lot of files from the X parent theme to the child theme so some of those files are outdated now.

Please note that you should only copy the files from the parent theme which you want to customize.

I recommend you to download a fresh new child theme, then move all your customizations to this child theme:

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thai,

Thanks for your help. I’ll reach out to my web developers to see if they’ll be able to help with this. I have no clue how to do this.