Different category - different thumbnails size?

Hello gentlemen,

I have a blog running on Theme X, set up Ethos (Mansory). (http://reaphit.com)
The latest articles automatically appear on the home page.
I would like to know if it is possible to highlight certain articles by varying the size of thumbnails on the home page. I wish some items is a thumbnail two or four times bigger in home page. But only those whom I choose to put highlight.

I do not understand what the “Index Featured Post Layout” and “Index Featured Post Size” options are available on the article writing page. I have no changemnet by configuring them.

Hoping to have been clear enough despite my approximate English,
I thank you gentlemen for the time you will grant me

Hi ReapHit,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully, Masonry layout is not capable of what you’re after. Masonry layout can have a varying size of thumbnails but it will be base on the size of the featured image itself.

The Standard layout in the other hand, has a highlighting feature, take a look at this Ethos Demo, you’ll see a post with title These Shoes Were Made For Walking, that is the Index Featured Post Layout - Skinny.

The post with a title What Your Watch Says About You, is a Index Featured Post Layout - Big.

See the Ethos Post Settings section here for more details.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thank you very much for the speed and quality of your response. Although I am still stuck in my setup, I understand better what I can do.

Cheers !

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.