Differences between schema?

Hello,

I know there are 7schema (design?) in X theme such as Article, Blogposting,News Article,Event,Person,Product and review.

Please tell me what’s the differences between them or if there are sample pages or demo.

THANKS.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

To fully understand Schema, please check out this page for a detailed explanation and examples:
https://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

I think we have wrong conversations.

OK, there I can choose in the SNIPPET panel when I create new PAGE.

There are 7 style and they have each fields make look like different page.

I am wandering there complete example pages or demo site that I can see visually easily.

THANKS

Hi there,

Please consider that Schema does not have any visual effect, it will add the schema code inside the HTML generated code and there is no demo page we can show you.

The Schema code is to show Google what the page is about in a way that Google will understand.

There is no design related aspects when it comes to Snippet.

I also encourage that you follow the link my colleague gave to get familiar with what is the Schema code.

Thank you.

I think I understand now what is schema.org for google.

I have set _brand.php and _landmark-header as google search console gave me errors.
After edited those files and uploaded to child theme errors start decreasing.

And your theme has schema setting as default? means I don’t need to put edited php files and just set it when new page create or added information in already pages?

Am I correct?

Hey @jo3,

Yes, you do not need to edit template files to add Schema to your pages. You will need to install and setup the Snippet extension and that will do the job for you. With that said, please remove your modified templates and give us the following details in a Secure Note so we could see your setup and run your page in the Structured Data Tool for us to see the errors. This would enable us to determine if you’ve missed something or there’s a bug in the Snippet extension.

1. URL of the page in question or having a schema error.
  2. WP Admin username/password

Thanks.

Thanks.

I use following plugin that has also schema.org function. It is only check box and nothing happen visually.

all in one seo pack https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

So if the X theme has the same function and user can choose it (plugin can do nothing),
I think I don’t need to use it on that plugin and what do you think?
Do I need both activate?

I’m sorry but I’m not familiar with All in One SEO Pack’s features.

I just want to make clear that there’s no Schema function in X out of the box. You will need to use the Snippet extension. For more details, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-snippet/94. If you’re going to use the bundled Snippet extension, you need to disable AIOSP’s Schema features or uninstall it completely to avoid conflicts.

Thanks.

Thanks and it is clear now.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.