DesignCloud doesn't explain how to edit or replicate its designs

I love the idea of the new feature design cloud but it there are many new interesting designs which show no reason how they work or how we can edit or replicate them. I can give a couple of examples:

How does “team of two” have two images next to each other but they’re not separated by two rows?

How does “Geometric testimonials” keep its bottom image glued to bottom of it’s section? Usually the design is that an image will be centered vertically within it’s section.

There are others too. I wish Themeco would include an explanation and/or tutorial on how we could recreate said designs.

Thanks,

Hi @JDRDigital,

There are lots of options are done in combination to make that view.

For the Team of Two if you check the section you will see it has a padding of calc(3rem + 3vw) 0px calc(3rem + 3vw) and the Row has a max width of 86% and the images have 48vw as the width.

So there is a lot of work going on which I can not explain, that is why you can use the design and simply change the source of the images which you will be able to use later.

For the second one, the reason you feel the image is always at the bottom is that in the first row there is a top margin of calc(1.5rem + 5vw) auto calc(1.5rem + 5vw)

The options above are all tricks of the CSS to achieve the view you see. For more information about the viewport values in CSS, I suggest that you read this and this articles.

It is indeed not possible to have a documentation for each and every case and you need to check the options and the values used for those options. I just want to mention that we do not use anything other than the available options and maybe in some cases the Element CSS feature.

Thank you for your understanding.

Okay i will take a look.

Just a humble suggestion, you could save time by creating simple screencasts of Themeco (re)creating these modules.

It will greater help your community and its very easy to do.

Even the most basic instructions like “replace images here and don’t change our custom margins” will help.

Cheers,

Hi There,

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback!
we will forward this to our leadership team for review.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.