Demo Content with X Pro Conversion?

Hi,

I just upgraded to Pro, and looking to install demo content. I found a video online but pro appears different.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing in, please clarify what is the difference, what you see on video online might be an old version.

Setup - Demo Content

And please follow this post to understand what is X’s Standard and Expanded Demos, and the Pro’s Design Cloud.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for this - I found the Validation option, but not clear what to do while I’m there.

Also I see the Theme Options Manager - but upon opening my Pro folder (from my purchase), I’m not finding an XCS file or folder.

I assume those are the templates?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Hello Mark,

Please understand that the X theme is for beginners and intermediate users. With X theme, you can make use of the demo contents to get you started in creating your site. When you import demo content, the theme option settings and some other pages will be imported to your site. The Theme Options Manager, on the other hand, can be used to import/export theme options settings from one site to another. You can check out more about the Theme Options Manager here:

Pro theme is highly recommended for intermediate and advanced users such as designers and developers. This theme does not have any demos. If you want to start from a demo, you will have to install X theme first, import the demo content and then switch back to Pro theme.

Hope this helps.

Oh, no! I just moved back to X, downloaded a new template, came back to Pro and my entire site is messed up. How do I revert this?!?!?

I’m freaking out right now. 6 Months of long hours and suddenly my web site is totally destroyed. Please tell me you can help. I was planning on launching this week!!!

How do I get my old fonts back? This is terrible

Hey Mark,

Friech previously provided the link describing what to expect from our demo import feature and there is this warning:

Ruenel must have assumed that you already know that it is irreversible.

We understand that you’re frustrated but there’s nothing we can do on our end. You’ll need to re-setup the Theme Options if you haven’t saved a backup.

I’d just recommend that you keep a backup of your site and test processes in a staging copy of your site next time.

Thanks.

You should reword this: “Installing demo content will not alter any of your pages or posts”.

This makes me think that the one page site that I have will be fine.

This sucks

Hello Mark,

The demo content will not alter the pages and posts. It will change the customizer settings and that is why your fonts were missing. I would recommend that you ask further assistance from your hosting provider. Most of the hosting provider have a site backup feature running on their backend. You should be able to revert all the changes by going back to a certain point in time. Your hosting provider should be able to revert your site to its previous state like 12 - 24 hours prior to the your demo content import.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.