Demo content not loading and Pro by mistake

2 things.

First I changed to PRO by mistake. I want to remain with X - I need the themes and demo content - is this possible and can anyone help me please?

When in X - Demo content not loading - checked with hosting and max of 512MB has been allocated with 300 secs timing. What can you suggest please? Using Mac/safari if that matters. Thanks.

Hi There,

If you converted your license to PRO there is no coming back,

Regarding the second issue please provide your WP Admin credentials and FTp credentials.

Thank you

Hello Joao - Thanks so much for your reply. I have replied in a secure note with the details you’ve asked for. If it’s not possible to change back to or re-instate X theme - how do I go about changing things on the website to become the “PRO” theme? Can’t see an option for that. Also, If I can’t work it out, is there anywhere that someone can re-sell Pro licences to the community here? As I’m not advanced enough for PRO right now, and working without Demos. Thank you in advance.

Summary

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Pro theme is meant for advance users. Pro theme does not have the customizer manager and the demo contents. These two are only available in X. Pro has the header and footer builder which is an advance if you want to have a custom header or footer.

I can see that you have X and Pro license. If you want to use a demo content, I would highly suggest that you install both Pro and X in the site that you are working with. Please activate X theme first. Import your desired demo content. After you are satisfied with, you can deactivate X and activate Pro theme. Now you should have a demo content that runs with Pro theme. You may need to reassign menus and/or sidebar widgets.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately the Pro licence I Changed from X mistakenly is for a new site. I have another site with the X theme still existing.

I can’t do what you have suggested. I’m not advanced enough for that. Perhaps X (and Pro) is moving in a direction that is more suited to developers and not for business owners? would you suggest I buy another theme that has demos? I don’t quite understand how you can’t reinstate the X that I paid for - back to X. That’s just $70 down the drain for me.
It seems like the support you provide is not for early users but for professionals. Is there any of your staff that can help someone that is at a more basic level than what you’ve suggested above?
I have sung X’s praises to so many small business owners and now I feel like I’ve given them the wrong information.
Any help that is useful to me in the situation I am in with the elementary level I have would be good please.

If anyone wants to buy a PRO theme cheap, please let me know.

I’m certainly not getting any help from theme.co and it’s of absolutely NO USE to me even though I paid $70 for it.

Very disappointed customer that the support for a paid theme is so scant.

Hi There,

I have a suggestion for you.

Install X on your Wordpress Installation. Load the demo.

Install Pro, activate PRO, validate PRO

Now you will have the demo installed and can use PRO just as X.

If you need any further assistance regarding this issue please let us know.

Hope it helps.

Hi Joao

Thanks for coming up with a solution. Am I able to ask you to use the login credentials I gave you in the secure note earlier in this thread and do that please? I’m not sure how to just load the demo content and also that is licensed to another site. This site is now only licenced with PRO.

Please let me know your thoughts. Also is there a place I can sell the PRO I have mistakenly changed to if this doesn’t work? Thanks.

Hi,

What Demo would you like?

Thank you

Am looking for Integrity 1 please
Can I ask if PRO has either Cornerstone or Visual Composer and other approved plugins included?

@Joao and @RueNel
Really don’t want to hassle you as I imagine you have heaps more to do than to deal with forum and support issues, however I’m getting a little squeezed for time here to make a decision as to whether to invest in another purchase/theme or try your offer of installing the Integrity 1 demo from X for me.

Is there a time frame you could give me to help me know where I’m at today please? Ta. :slight_smile:

Anyone from Themeco staff? Anyone that can help me please?
crickets here…

Hello There,

You can release an X license from a site by clicking Revoke Validation link:
Then go to your licenses page and set it to the new site with Pro theme as of the moment. Then activate X theme and validate it to this site then install the demo you wanted. After this, revoke validation again and then go to your licenses page so you can set this license back to your original site.

Pro has it’s content builder and yes it has the same approved plugins too. I think no need for you to sell the PRO after this. For more guidelines on PRO please check our knowledge base here:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/c/themeco/kb

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Lely
sorry for my delay - have been on hols
OK -To confirm I understand the concept of what you’re suggesting…
I have two licences. Both used to be X - now 1 is Pro.
So you are suggesting I revoke the licence of X from the site it’s sitting with atm, then assign it to the new site, then download the demo I want, then revoke the X licence and re- assign to older site?

I have two questions about these actions:

  1. Will this cause issues with layout, memory of content/data of the old site if the X theme is revoked for that site?
    I’m concerned after all the work I’ve done on that site of the fallout this will create.

  2. I already had X installed on the new site (before I mistakenly changed it to Pro). The demos would not load once the Pro was installed - even though the demos were ‘installed’ previously when X was activated.
    I had my hosting service escalate it to check for issues on their end, and it kept coming back to a theme licensing issue.

Thanks
Sharon

Hi Sharon

You dont need to have X validated to Install the demo content.

On your new site. Go to Appereance | Themes and activate X

Go to WP Admin | X Load Integrity 1

Go to Appereance | Themes | Load Pro and validate.

Hope it helps, if you face issues with validation, please provide your WP Admin credentials and license number on a secure note.

Thank you

1 Like

Have replied above with secure note and forgot to add licence so this is below in secure note @Joao

Hello There,

We wanted to log in to your site and install the demo content for you. Regretfully we can no longer log in because the given username seems invalid.

Could you please update the credentials in a secure note so that we can resolve your issue?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks @RueNel
Have replied with secure note containing same login credentials in previous secure note from my reply 10 days ago.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged and updated the X theme right away since X 5.1.1 is already available. I then imported the Integrity 1 demo content. You can now switch with Pro theme and start using with Integrity 1 demo content. Please keep in mind that standard demos will only have placeholder images. Only the expanded demo contents will be able you to have the same 1 to 1 site content.

Please let us know how it goes.