Deactivate CornerStone? Help

Hello, Support

So, I don’t even use cornerstone at all and its just taking up so much load of my website like page speed as per the A3 Plugin Profiler…

I tried to deactivate it and see if my website broken in any way…The only issue i saw when deactivating it was all my blog post shows the featured image within the content…which is not what i want obv…

So, having cornerstone enabled hides my featured image inside the posts, but deactivating cornerstone makes my featured image appear within the content of all my articles.

I was wondering if there was a way for me to disable cornerstone and keep the featured image hidden inside all my blog articles…

Hello @Jord56,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please don’t disable Cornerstone as it’s required plugin to run X Theme. I see featured images on your blog posts. Can you please confirm that. Along with the same I see you are using cache plugin, please clear cache and see how it goes.

To improve the performance of website, please take a look at our performance optimization guide.

Thanks.

I don’t see the point of using it, i don’t use the cornerstone plugin for writing my content. I use the word press editor. Cornerstone in making my website slow as shows by the plugin P3 Plugin Profiler image below…

When I disabled the cornerstone plugin my website worked, but the featured image would show inside the article at the very top of the content.

I am asking if there is a way to hide my featured image that shows inside my articles by adding code? inside css or file editor.

I have done alot of messing around and testing my blog speed with w3 total cache and seem to have used all the settings possible to get to 2.5 second load. I have used cloud flare and it didn’t seem to help at all, also contacted my hosting and even upgraded to a better package…so all this led me to use P3 Plugin Profiler and shows that corner stone is slowing my website down.

Update - here is my current Gtmetrics details after following your Customizations - Performance guide https://gtmetrix.com/reports/insidemancaves.com/cthplbFy

I went from 2.5s to 6s by following your guide

I feel deactivating cornerstone would be a big performance boost to my website speed.

All the above aside - I’m wanting to disable cornerstone, but can’t cause when i do my featured images show up within the content at the top of the articles.

i’m wanting to hide the featured images from showing inside the articles at the top via code and not through the cornerstone plugin. So, then im able to disable cornerstone and get the performance boost im wanting…

Update - I’m also inside the theme files in my file manager and see woo commerce and buddy press which i don’t even use? can i delete these?

Hey Jordan,

I just want to clarify first that whether you have Cornerstone activated or deactivated, since you’re not using it, it won’t have any performance impact on your site. The P3 Plugin Profiler does not tell the whole story. The fact is, Cornerstone outputs styles and scripts only if it is needed. Since you’re not using it, no element styles and scripts will be loaded.

But, as @Prasant said, it is required by X because of shared resources like the mobile navigation. It won’t work if you deactivate Cornerstone.

Regarding the WooCommerce and BuddyPress folders, like Cornerstone, they will not degrade the performance of your site. No styles, scripts and functions will be used if WooCommerce and BuddyPress aren’t installed.

We understand that you are concerned of your site’s speed but there’s nothing to be afraid of really. What you need to look at is your site’s front-end.

Regarding performance, optimization plugins like W3 Total Cache are not complete solutions. They sure are a significant help but you need a lot more like integrating a CDN, compressing your images, lazy loading content, etc…

Please also note that our performance guide is only a general guide. You should not take it as a specific solution for your site as website optimization varies from site to site. If the suggestions don’t work out for you, you will need to consult with a third party developer as we do not have website optimization support. That work is quite involved.

If you wish to proceed with deactivating Cornerstone, deleting the WooCommerce and BuddyPress folders, and ask for custom code, you would need to consult with a third party developer as we do not support such modifications to the theme.

Thank you for understanding.

alright…

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.