Custom Font Upload

I am just now getting around to adding our font as a custom font in X Pro. It is currently added via the old @font-face method.

My first question is what format(s) should I be uploading? I currently have .eot, .svg, .ttf, .woff, and .woff2 files (for compatibility)

Second, when I try to upload, only ttf actually seems to work. The others display “Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.” and even if I edit the wp-config file to allow the upload, the files does not display for selection in the media library (it also does not seem to actually upload, but the info on the right does show up)

What am I missing here?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, Upload your custom font files to a family, then assign a weight and style. These families will become selectable in the Font Manager. We recommend using the .woff or .woff2 file format.

Font Manager

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

So, when I try and upload a .woff or woff2 file, it uploads (or says it does, but does not show to allow me to select it. If I just go into the Media Library, I can see the item there. I just can’t select it or see it in the font manager.

Hi Movieboy,

After you uploaded the woff file, did you click the Add to Font Manager button?

If so, your custom font should be automatically added to your font roster.

If not, please define it manually in there, but it should be defined automatically.

Then Save Fonts and then refresh the page/builder.

Then use that font throughout your site, whether in text element or headline element or in Theme Options > Typography area.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.