Custom CSS File Location

Hi
When I add custom css through the “Customise” Custom Code area, how can I navigate to the file using FTP?
Thanks

Hello @martinbourke16,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please don’t use Customizer as it may cause compatibility issues. X comes with it’s own Theme Options panel that can be accessed from X > Theme Options. To add CSS you can add the same from X > Theme Options > CSS.

That being said, those custom CSS styles saved in the database. I you would like to access files then you can setup a child theme and move those styles to style.css file within your child theme folder. To install and setup child theme, you can use following resources.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

Thanks.

Hi,
From what I can see Customize is part of X as per attached. I add the custom code in the custom section. I already use an X Child theme so where will the CSS file be now?
Thanks

Hi @martinbourke16,

The CSS files are part of theme core and not meant for editing. If you wish to add your custom CSS, then you can only add in child theme’s style.css or Theme Option’s custom CSS.

And there is no CSS file on both Theme Options and Customizer. The customizer in your screenshot is from the older version of X theme which is now in Theme Options.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.