Custom 404. Remove header, footer

Hey, I have the Custom 404 plugin installed and I created new page so I can direct to it. I’m just trying to remove the header and footer so I can have a very simple 404 page with background and text/image at center. Everything I’ve searched on the forum seems to be out of date, all the support techs directed everybody to a template that could be used but I’m not seeing that template anywhere in Cornerstone for the new page I created. I’m guessing that support is out of date… or I’m not looking in the right place.

How do I remove header/footer on custom 404 page only.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try adding the following CSS rule into your Theme Options > Global CSS area.

.page-id-xx .masthead, .page-id-xx footer {
    display: none;
}

Page ID xx number you can find by following this article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59).

Hope that helps.

Ok thanks a lot. The page still has a couple things I want to remove though, and the menu. How do I remove the remaining content? I just want a background and text in the center.

See screenshot. Thanks!

Nevermind! I found the templates everyone was talking about. I’m on the learning curve… thanks.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.