Creating a site before you have the domain

Hi. I hope you might be able to help.

What do you do if a client would like to see the site you might build, but already has a site and wants to leave that up until you have shown your new version?

Would an option be to have a X Theme Licence linked to a website where you build the example site, then when the client is happy, then you can copy the site you created, host his domain, and then put the site there?

How can you build a website in cornerstone and with an X theme before having the access to the domain from the client?

I hope that make sense to someone!

Thank you.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

If your web hosting company offers free staging/development site then you can have a staging site setup. Normally a staging site has a URL that is not identical to the domain name.

You can read more information about staging site and how to set up here:

Once you have the staging site setup, you should have a URL where you can build the site and you can provide your client that URL for them to check the site’s development progress.

Also, you can also validate X in the staging site as each license can have two URLs which is for the live site and the staging site.

You can find more information about the validation here:

Lastly, it would be best to get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them about this as they could provide you some more information about how to setup staging sites on their environment and how to push the staging to live.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, i’ll look into this straight away!

Thank you again.

Alex.

If you need anything else, feel free to create another ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.