Creating a members only section with login

Hi there

Is there a easy way to create a members only section with a login page. For example, if a user clicks on a specific main menu link of my website, the content page should show a login mask with username and password to see the following content of this area. Is there a plugin with X-Theme?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X yet. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

By they way, we have added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Meanwhile, you may accomplish an alternative way by having to do the following:

• Please go to X > Global blocks and create a section that you want your logged in users to see.
  • Edit the page where logged out users will see and then add a content area element.
  • In the content area, please insert this shortcode along with the global block shortcode:
[protect] [cs_gb id=123] [/protect]

Please make sure to insert the correct global block shortcode or else nothing will display.

The protected content shortcode should give a login form for viewers offering them to log in to view the section. Logged in users will automatically see the section. To know more about the Protected Content shortcode, please check this out: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/protected-content/

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel

Thank you very much for hour help. This is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any way to change the language of the login to german?

How can I change the Template of the Global Block to “Blank - No Container, Header, Footer”. I can not find this page anywhere in “Pages”.

Thanks!

Hi Felix,

For translation, you can follow our translation guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61) or you can use a 3rd party plugin like WPML (which is not free).

When you’re creating a page, you can also select the page template under “Page Attributes” section.

If you’re on the Cornerstone builder and if you want to change the template, then click on the settings icon on the bottom left hand corner of the page.

Then under Page Settings tab, you can select your templates.

Hope that helps.

Hi mldarshana

Thank you very much for your great support! I will try with your translation guide.

I have realised, that the protected global block is just a inlay of content, which is shown in the Template of my page. I had to remove the spacing of the columns so it has the same layout as my other pages.

Thanks again!

No worries.

Feel free to let us know if you have any question.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.