Cost Estimation and Payment Forms Builder plugin - Stripe error handling for declined charges, incorrect cvc, expired cards, and other errors not working

I am using the Cost Estimation and Payment Forms Builder plugin that came with my Theme X purchase and I am having some issues after testing the forms and payment process with Stripe.

Right now, I am using the test keys for stripe, and I have tested with the following card test numbers to submit a payment, expecting an error in return. (Enter any CVC code and expiration date to test). When I use this test info, I see that the payment didn’t go through because of an error on the stripe site, and the order doesn’t go through in the WordPress panel on my end (which is what is supposed to happen). But it seems like there is no error handling for when these codes come back from Stripe, and I still get my usual final message that says the payment has processed (even though I know it hasn’t).

4000000000000002 Charge is declined with a card_declined code.
4100000000000019 Charge is declined with a card_declined code and a fraudulent reason.
4000000000000127 Charge is declined with an incorrect_cvc code.
4000000000000069 Charge is declined with an expired_card code.
4000000000000119 Charge is declined with a processing_error code.

The only test info I have used that successfully returned an error that said “Your card number is incorrect.” was the following:

4242424242424241 Charge is declined with an incorrect_number code as the card number fails the Luhn check.

I have also used correct card test info and was able to see my payment go through on stripe’s end, as well as the order numbers in the form admin panel:

4242424242424242 Visa
4012888888881881 Visa

Hi there,

As you may already know the plugin you are talking is a bundled plugin with the theme but not actually coded by us. It is coded by:

We first need to know if the Stripe handling problem is happening because of changes we have done in the theme or something the plugin is handling. Would you please kindly change the theme from X to something else and follow the same testing procedure and see if you encounter the same error handling exception error?

If yes then we need to test the case in our installation and if we also encounter the issue we will contact the developers of the plugin to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

I switched the theme to theme Twenty Seventeen, and tested the same exact form built with the aforementioned plugin and the same issue is happening. There is still no error handling to catch card validation errors coming back from Stripe and I get a payment processed notice (even though the payment didn’t actually go through). I had tried contacting the developer of the plugin before contacting Themeco and the developer said that since it is bundled through Theme X I would need to go through Themeco. So, here I am :wink:

Hi there,

Thank you for doing the test. As this is something related to the plugin our development team will be in contact with the plugin developers and will report the issue.

Thank you for taking time and report this to us. We update the extensions bundled with our theme periodically after a new release of them and testing with our theme for compatibility issues.

Stay tuned for upcoming releases of the extension bundled with our theme. Kindly read the bundled extension section of the guide below to know more of our policy regarding the versioning:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.