Cornestone doesn't work

Hi!
When I try to edit a site with cornerstone, the cornerstone environment shows, but the site doesn’t load. Sometimes only the footer shows, sometimes the following message appears: “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” I didn’t install any plugins whatsoever since the last update of cornerstone. Please provide bug fix or help!

Hello Support??? I can’t give up like this guy: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-will-not-load-properly-only-shows-footer/11016
Please do something!

1 Like

I think they are busy working on another update. Are you using the latest wordpress version and what is your php version? The php needs to be at least 5.6.

Thanks for writing in and your suggestion Bark201! However, that doesn’t seem to be the problem…

PHP v7.0.24, MYSQL v5.7.19

Would be nice if the support could at least clarify whether it is working on that problem or not. Thank you #premiumtheme #premiumsupport

1 Like

I agree! A simple message letting people know that they are working on this would be nice. I haven’t even gotten a reply from anyone regarding the issue. I am getting the same “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” error on my website.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. It doesn’t work. I am running the latest PHP 7.1 as well. Any update would be great, even an acknowledgement of the problem?

2 Likes

There might be a conflict in the page settings like above masthead, try playing with it and see if it works. I got a reply to something I asked a week ago. My issue is that the sections, layouts and rows that are being created are restricted to the page you are working on. If you try to copy-paste it to other pages it wont load.

This is also the case with the new elements. Because me and many others have over 400 pages I have to manually re-design the same layout for those pages if I want to have the new elements.

In short they said that they know its like that and it will change in the next update. I asked when the next update is obviously because I cant to any new work with cornerstone.

Thanks for any suggestion how to solve the problem. Since it seems to be a problem with cornerstone itself I’d rather wait for an update and won’t be playing around (because in this case I can’t see the fun part). Support remains silence which is VERY WEAK in my opinion. Hello support, hereby, I set a deadline for the bug-fix. Otherwise, I will demand refund for the product and claim damages for having the site rebuilt by a freelancer - I am a lawyer by the way. Thank you for your attention.

2 Likes

Deadline: 17-10-2017

2 Likes

Hi There,

Sorry about your issue, the problem here is that everything time someone replies your thread your thread goes to the end of the queue.

We will put you on priority, please provide your URL and admin credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

Hello. Maybe it is time to reconsider the system and threads with the most comments should be taken special care of. Frankly, I don’t believe that this thread and the other one mentioning the same topic haven’t caught the staff’s attention. Regards

2 Likes

Hi There,

I have tested and CS loads and also saves fine.

On which specific page are you facing the issue? I was able to make changes on your home page.

Please clean your browser cache if the issue persists please let us know which browser and device you are using while experiencing the issue, I have tested on Chrome and FireFox PC and it worked just fine.

Thank you

I am having the same issue. It doesn’t work. I am running the latest PHP 7 as well
http://cmwebdesignagency.com

@Sigirumpel,

Sorry for the confusion. If another user chimes in on your thread, it will not move down the queue. BUT, if you reply to your own thread, that will push it down hence the delay. Please wait for the official response next time and I recommend you review our How To Get Support article located under the Resources section in the sidebar of this forum.

To continue the investigation, please answer @Joao’s question

@chancemaker, @Cypress_Pavilion, @pdxcomps

Please open separate threads for your issue. There are a lot of factors that could prevent Cornerstone from loading. This includes third party plugin conflicts, server limitations, version incompatiblity, etc… With that said, please try these common solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and max execution time.

If nothing helps, please provide WP admin and cPanel credentials in a Secure Note in your own separate thread and post a link to this thread for reference.

Thank you.

Thank you for your explanations.

I used to be very happy with the X theme. I was able to create decent websites without any programming or coding skills which I don’t have. That ist why I bought three licenses already. However, what you try to sell here is not working. You know that you have a problem with cornerstone and you know it well. It would have been really big to admit it. But that is the way company policy works nowadays I guess. Here is my truth: Cornerstone only works sometimes regardless the browser. It’s a waste of time to wait until it finally worked for whatever reason. I understand that you don’t want to compensate my time I lose here. But even if it works, some elements don’t show on the actual website or show even though I had deleted them in cornerstone. Real big let down! I am speaking about my homepage by the way. It is simply not true that everything works just fine. Please improve cornerstone and lift it to the usability level it had before. At the moment it is just disappointing. Speaking about disappointment: The new functionality with regard to “add section” is confusing and not an improvement at all. It seems to add rows instead of sections. Cornerstone worked much better one year ago.

I didn’t change the credentials. Thus, take a look yourself Christian. Please don’t tell me everything is just fine. I worked a long time with the x theme already and I don’t think it suddenly happens to be a problem with any plugins of which I don’t install any weird stuff. From what I can see in the forum even the supported plugins don’t do their job at the moment. I can confirm that (essential grid). Please do a rollback to the time 12 months ago and try again. :slight_smile:

regards,
Sigi

Hi Sigi,

Before we further continue, please update your theme first. It appears that you updated your cornerstone but the theme remains in old versions. ANd because of that, there will be some gap in terms of functionality.

OR, delete your current cornerstone and let your current X version install the appropriate cornerstone.

Thanks!