Cornerstrone plugin brings Are you sure you want to do this?

Tried (cleaned cache and tried different browser) - still facing issue. Can you check once again and confirm that you can publish page?

Hello There,

I am another staff and I can confirm that the issue is still happening. Could you please provide us ftp access so we can resolve this? Meanwhile, please generate a new set of security keys using the WordPress Security Key Generator1. Copy the entire output and paste it in your wp-config.php file replacing the old key.

Please let us know how it goes.

Sure, adding info for ftp, changed security keys - issue still remains.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the details. I have logged in, made the changes in the salt key and still the issue exist. The last thing I want to do is switch to default WP theme and disable all plugins. With your permission, could we turn on under construction mode and initiate this default switch theme? I know your site is live and that is why we need your permission to interrupt your live site, test for plugin and hoping to figure out and finally able to get a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, yes, sure, most important is that after a short while same plugins and theme would be enabled back.

Hey Mary,

I’ve enable the Under Construction, switched to one of the default WordPress themes but still the issue persists.

I see that Cornerstone is causing the issue. But, there might be a deeper cause to this because, normally, this would not happen. I see you have used 2 caching plugins.

Please completely uninstall them because even if they’re deactivated or just simply uninstalled, they leave code in wp-config.php and .htaccess which can cause issues. Contact the plugin author to learn how to completely uninstall them.

If the issue still persists, please copy your site to a staging server and give us WP Admin and FTP access so we could remove everything and see how Cornerstone is affecting the creation of a page.

Thanks.

Ok, will try, but those are old plugins there and there was no problem - problem started to be after last Cornerstone upgrade…

Hi there,

I agree regarding the test for the other server maybe migrating your website to your local machine or a test server, that will make sure that if it is something related to the server or not.

Please consider that this is 100% something related to your environment as we have the Cornerstone installed on more than 200000 machines in different environments with no such an error.

I have one more case that worths to test:

Please install the Transient Cleaner plugin and clear your Database Transient Cache.

Thank you.

still same problem ;/ Should I clear all Transiets? Have choosen to clear only expiried ones

Try clearing all caches. If the issue persists, please copy your site to a staging server and give us WP Admin and FTP access so we could remove everything and see how Cornerstone is affecting the creation of a page.

Thanks.

Just want to chime in that I have the same issue. (premium theme, rapid development and of the last three X roll outs, I’ve had issues like these)

I rolled back to another clients’ version of 2.1.4 and the same error occurs… on the twentyseventeen theme with plenty of exec time and memory on PHP 5.6, modsecurity off.

This client is on a frozen site, so it doesn’t update… except for the automatic minor updates of wordpress.

So this is happening on WP 4.8.5 with cornerstone 2.1.4 and X version 5.2.3 too, if that helps at all. I’m fairly certain that there were no issues with one of the early 4.8.x versions.

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for the input but we cannot replicate on our installations, so if you are facing this issue please open a new thread explain your situation as you did and provide your admin credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

No trouble mate, no need for help, I’ve fixed it. Latest version of wordpress and rolling cornerstone all the way back to 2.0.5 works perfect!

You guys need to start having a better QC process. Any support request here is usually 48 hours trying to blame it on memory/server/environment/user error etc/

In every thread people are reporting that disabling cornerstone fixes it. I just lost 16 hours of my life again. Nobody cares you can’t replicate it. We can replicate it, and if we roll back enough versions we can make cornerstone work with the latest version of Wordpress.

Hi @julezedward

If you wish to get assistance, please clone your site to a staging enviroment and update to the latest version so we can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you

Team, can you tell me how julezedward were able to fix? Looks like I am not the only one and this is a issue with cornerstone and not server.

It sounds a bit harsh to clone my site to a staging environment if issue is with cornerstone and right version of wordpress and plus everything works once plugin is disabled.

Please come with better suggestions.

Ruta

Hi, can you give more details how you fixed all?

@julezedward, we’re not getting a similar issue on any of our installation so we can’t file this as a bug. There are many contributing factors why it happens and unfortunately, we can’t fully test and compare it.

@MAArthur, he downgraded his cornerstone which works just fine.

Would be helpful if there is a clone of your site on other hostings so we could compare.

Thanks!

Hi,
I dont have other hosting to clone my site to, could you then clone it to yours and see how it is working there? You have all FTP access needed already.
Just I don’t have where to put my site for your testing in my environment.

Hi There,

Thanks for updating in! You can use 3rd party sites to host your staging site. You may use WP Engine, FlyWheel, CloudWays or Pantheon.io. These sites is very helpful in setting up a staging site. You can also compare the theme, plugins or even the host performance and speed. These are also very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/
https://maintainn.com/2015/02/how-to-create-a-staging-site-for-wordpress/
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cloner/

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.