Cornerstone's new text editor is to small

Hello,

We updated Cornerstone today.

Then I went to edit a large and complex text field and I’m presented with a TINY business card sized editing box.

REALLY?

HOW can I get back a near full-screen editing box?

It really is very inconvenient to copy paste all the content out into Notepad++, do the edits and paste it back into the Cornerstone editing box.

Chris

7 Likes

I’m going to lose my job because I am responsible to make a one-page (but complex) website live tonight and like an IDIOT I updated Cornerstone this morning and now text added to TEXT ELEMENTS will NOT display text on the page. Text added to the new CONTENT ELEMENT will NOT display TEXT ON THE PAGE.

I do not have time to troubleshoot a Cornerstone update for THeme.co.

I must get a site done today.

I don’t have time to learn how to make the new Cornerstone do what the last one did.

I must get this one-page website up today.

I don’t have time to give you login details so we can spend the next three days troubleshooting the Cornerstone that WORKED YESTERDAY.

BTW – I also HATE this tiny dumb little small editing window in the new forum. It’s like theme.co doubled down on the “screw” our paying customers by making EVERYTHING MORE DIFFICULT.

Thank GOD I back up the site hourly and can go back to early AM and get the old FUNCTIONAL AND WORKING Cornerstone back.

9 Likes

I agree, this new Cornerstone update has been terrible. The formatting of my page in the updated cornerstone is frightening - why is my body text now bigger than my headers??? And my carefully formatted sections are now a mess. If I was to save the page under the new cornerstone, will it change my whole page to this???

The trouble is that we are also doing a big launch tomorrow and I need to make changes to some of the text. If I do this will the whole page stuff up???

I also agree about the tiny text box for ‘long-form content’ - how are you going to insert and format long-form text with that tiny, tiny text box. That is a feature and theme KILLER. This is an essential function of a website - being able to add and format large amounts of text.

6 Likes

It is really annoying that the Classic Text Element is now shown as HUGE text in the editor.This is only happening in my home page and not other pages. (Strange!) I am not sure why the font-size has been set to 35px in the ember editor. Looks fine in the published page though. Margins needed adjustment. Hopefully this will be fixed in the maintenance release soon along with the tiny editor window.

i have olso update to newest version but now when saving nothing show on a new page. in editor i see my text but in live page nothing.

i have similar problem after updating cornerstone from yesterday, my client is not pleased at all

Agree. Do you even use your own product? It seems not. The coders, not the end users are dictating the product… and when that happens, the end is near.

I need an expandable visual text editor!

1 Like

I just wanted to say that while the small non-expandable text editor is still an issue, the issue of BIG fonts has been solved with the maintenance release. Thanks

+1. We really shouldn’t have to ask for that. The text is the most important part of a website.

To be honest, after this update I’m seriously concerned about the future of X.

I bought 16 licences and use X for all my customers website. How is my customer (an end user) supposed to work with this new Cornerstone? With those new elements with a million different options?

Yes, he should be able to add new elements like an image or button. But how the elements look should be under my (the webdesigner) control.

If you’re goal is to make it easy for amateur webdesigners to dabble with Cornerstone - great. But then Cornerstone is unusable for end users, and that means unusable for every serious webdesigner with clients who need to work with their own website…

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I wanted to jump in here to let you all know that we are well aware of the desire for an expanded text area feature, and we have already begun discussions internally of how best to move forward with that and include it in a coming release.

As a little context, this release required a massive rewrite of the entire backend of the content builder to bring it under the same roof as the controls used in the header and footer builder. There are still pieces to include such as user defined presets and templates, but simply getting all elements across all builders was a massive undertaking.

That being said, part of reason why the text editor is the way it appears is due to the fact that this is the very same text control we’ve used in Pro’s header and footer builders since their release, and we’ve never received any feedback on it being too small. Granted, we understand that the flow of working on large pieces of content is different than with headers, but you can rest assured you don’t need to be concerned about the future of X or Pro. Every decision is weighed very heavily on all levels, and things that on the surface seem simple are often more complex than they appear. More importantly, we want you to know that you all are being heard, and we pride ourselves on listening to our community and responding as quickly as we can while weighing out all the needs and wants of every user. We certainly hear everyone on things regarding the text editor, and you will most certainly have a solution in place very soon.

Thank you for your feedback and understanding while we work through these items.

Cheers.

4 Likes

ditto on the size of the text editor window size. What problem did we have with the big window that was fixed by making it tiny?

1 Like

@mattros

As mentioned here and elsewhere, there wasn’t a “problem” we were trying to fix. The text controls for the Header and Footer Builders never had a “fullscreen” option, and we never received feedback on it being a necessity in those scenarios. This release involved porting the control functionality of those builders over to the Content Builder to take advantage of their flexibility. The absence of a “fullscreen” option was inadvertent, has been brought to our attention the importance of it, and we are working to rectify it in a future release.

Thank you.

1 Like

Is there anyway to go back to the old version of cornerstone? I can’t work with this small text box. Things just aren’t working they way they used to. I don’t have time to work with these constraints?

1 Like

For what it’s worth, +1 for a bigger text box.

2 Likes

@shecreates, we always recommend testing in a development environment before updating as well as making backups so you can roll things back if needed:

That being said, if you go to your account dashboard you will see a “Stability Release” link underneath the main download button for Cornerstone. You can download that and install it if you want, but if you’ve made updates using the new v2 elements you may experience issues simply doing this (which again, is why backups and testing in a development environment are of paramount importance).

@JvP, noted. :slight_smile: We’ve definitely heard this from enough sources that you can rest assured it will be worked on soon.

Awesome @kory :slight_smile:

I could not possibly imagine this is accurate. Anyone who creates content, needs a full-screen editor. You need to expand your testing team to include more content creators. Certainly, there’s not a single person on your testing team who tried to add an image to a blog post.

This is a very serious problem for a large population of your users. My recommendation is to immediately give a quick update with this solution, and not package it with the others. This is a very serious problem.

2 Likes

@YasharPayments, as mentioned above, this is noted and we are working on it.

Thanks.

Uh… if you are only using Cornerstone that comes with X, this suggestion is useless. There is no separate download button for Cornerstone, nor can you access a “stability release” in that way, unless you bought a license.

How about making a downlink available for Cornerstone 2.0.6? As far as I can tell, that’s the last usable version.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Sorry, it was early in the morning and I didn’t realize how stern my tone was. I’m able to complete my work, just fine. I’m looking forward to the final version!

Thank you :slight_smile: