Cornerstone's new text editor is to small

Hello @YasharPayments,

No problem. By the way we have release Cornerstone 2.1.3. Please update to this latest version.

@diamondheart: Please be advised that you can download the previous stable X version in your dashboard. Once you have downloaded the version, unzip x.zip file and browse to the folder x/framework/plugins/. This is where you can find Cornerstone 2.0.6 version which is bundled in X 4.6.4

Hope this helps.

Just adding voice to the need for an expanded text editor. For body content (not headers or footers) editing in such a small environment is near impossible. I look forward to the larger text editor being reinstated for all 11 of my clients who are complaining.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Find the plugins zip folder on your server (came with the theme). Unzip and then rezip cornerstone. Before uploading the zipped plugin, remove the cornerstone folder in the plugins folder.

Hi There,

If you decide to downgrade Cornerstone, please also downgrade X to the previous version.

Although we recommend keeping X updated to the latest versions, you can downgrade by downloading the stability version available on your Apex Dashboard.

In case you decide to do that, please remove X from wp-content/themes/ , remove Cornerstone from wp-content/plugins

Access your site via Wp Admin > Dashboard > X > so Cornerstone installs itself.

Hope it helps

I am wondering why we can’t just edit the text in the preview window. There are other Wordpress themes that provide direct on screen editing.

3 Likes

That would be the next best thing :slight_smile:

+1 and +1 i can’t belive this is not a bug!!! inline reply does not seem to work here and likes are being lost :frowning:
now it see that my inline reply did work - but why is it here as a new comment in the thread, too???

@YasharPayments totally correct. they should not “look into it” but correct this joke of a text editor asap!!!

The new text editor is currently being beta tested and should be out in the upcoming maintenance release. Hold out just a little longer guys.

good news! thanks! but i still can’t get my head around how you could release such an "up"date. this makes me wonder (with fear) what comes next. especially since there where other strange decisions being made starting with the introduction of the pro version of the theme. i find things get confusing and/or more difficult with both themes now. things are not straight forward as they used to be. i refer mainly to changes in the ui here. just to name a few: often two location to do the same edits, submenus where there used to be a single button, long time display errors in the css custom field (in one of them, anyways). two forums to post my questions (usually the dice deceides) and last but not least the long loading times of cornerstone. all in all work is not as efficient and smooth as it used to be.

Hey @iTurtle,

I’m not Themeco staff, I’m just a beta tester :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with all the customers here. The new text box is way too small. What a horrible decision in this upgrade!

1 Like

@JvP thanks for your reply und happy testing! :wink:
i wonder what themeco has to say to my post, though.
do you have any idea why the “inline reply” is not being displayed inline? it always creates a new post at the bottom of the thread for me. thanks! kai

Hi Guys,

As @JvP said, we have launched the product, listened to the feedback from all of you and we have improved this functionality. We are constantly molding the product to be better and listening to your opinion has been always a part of Themeco gameplan.

@iTurtle that is how the forum is designed but if you look on the right side you can see the reply was done to the specifical person.

Thank you

hi joao, thanks for your reply! i will then open a new thread with my many quarrels i have with the themes since the introduction of pro. best regards, kai

Thanks Kai!

On a positive note, when I rendered my desktop on my 84" TV screen, everything is fine. Seriously, who let this one slip by?

Also, Cornerstone is pokey pokey pokey. Sometimes hangs, sometimes just gives me a white screen of death.

Here’s to progress, even if it’s in reverse.

1 Like

@IareChaz, thank you for writing in and sharing your thoughts. As mentioned many times previously, the text editor feedback has been received by many users and is in the process of being shipped in our next release with an update. I’m sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues at this time. We are happy to help you with anything you might need, we only kindly ask that you open a new thread and share specifics about your situation so we can provide assistance.

Thank you everyone for your feedback about the text editor, which as mentioned many times previously, has been heard and will be shipped in our next release. At this time I’m going to close down this thread as I think all points have been made and we have responded accordingly with a pending update.