Cornerstone / X Update Broke My Mobile Functioning

The mobile version of my website no longer fucntions.
The menu won’t expand, the header images and text are invisible.
The Product pages don’t load images.
The variable product details do not load when you select from drop down.
This is a real mess.

What options do I have at this point?

Jesse

Hey Jesse,

We need to know first if the issue was caused by the product update and not by third-party factors such as website optimization like the use of a caching or performance plugins which is out of our products’ control.

You might already be familiar with the troubleshooting steps but I see you’re using some kind of resource optimization and caching so I could not determine if the issue is coming from our products. It could be coming from a plugin like WP Rocket or a CDN service. Please check or do the following steps for front-end display issues.

1. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches then temporarily deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. Then, clear your browser’s cache. Do not activate caching while the issue persists.

2. If you’re using a CDN, clear the CDN’s cache and temporarily disconnect your site from the CDN service. Do not activate the CDN while the issue persists. You might need the assistance of your web host for this.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme. This will quickly tell you if a custom code in the child theme is causing the issue.

Thanks.

So if it turns out to be WP-Rocket… what caching extension works with the new Cornerstone/X update? Because I need something that optimizes the website. It’s not really an option to not minimize scripts and utilize other compressions.

Hey Jesse,

It’s not about what optimization plugin that will work with our theme. It’s about how you configure the optimization plugin that is the issue.

Personally, I use WP Rocket in my Pro built site and there’s no problem. Configuring a caching plugin differs from site to site though. Even if you follow our Performance Guide, we do not guarantee that the setup will work for you.

With that said, you need to consult with a third-party WordPress professional to setup caching or optimization for your site. Or, contact WP Rocket support to learn how to exclude whole everything from our theme themes/x and everything from plugins/cornerstone.

Resources in X/Cornerstone and Pro are already optimized so the should be excluded from third-party optimization. That’s mentioned in our Performance Guide.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.