Cornerstone won't display content - part 2

Hello,

Unfortunately, nothing has changed since the previous post.

We have increased the memory but Cornerstone still does not load the editor.
You can edit pages only by going to the WP Dashboard, going to “Pages” and from there using the command “edit in Cornerstone”.

It is not the only problem we encounter.
Many times when editing the page we can not save the changes. And for a while we cannot access to the second page of the list of “Pages” from WP Dashboard.
Often we received error like this one:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 146276352) (tried to allocate 607775 bytes) in /hermes/bosnaweb03b/b671/ipw.business-yachtclub/public_html/club-de-navegacion/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1469

The site is highly unstable and my client has asked me not to make updates to avoid going offline.

I need your help for:

• Restore all the features of Cornerstone
  • Analyze if all the requirements are met because Xtheme is stable

Hi,

I checked and can see you are using older version of the theme.

Please update everything.

Wordpress - latest version is 4.9.8
Theme and cornerstone - Pro 2.3.8, X 6.3.8, Cornerstone 3.3.8
Plugins - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195
PHP & Mysql Version - https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Don’t forget to create full backup of your site before updating anything.

You may use this third party plugin to backup your site.

Thanks

It doesn’t work.
I’ve uploaded everything following your guides.
Nothing happened, I still have the same issues.

• Trying to open Cornerstone from X menu in WP dashboard just shows a stucked loading page
  • “Content” menu is not available in Cornerstone
  • Pages are editable only selecting “edit in Cornerstone” in every single page view in WP Dashboard
  • Impossible to save changes
  • “exit to dashboard” gives you this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 146276352) (tried to allocate 608461 bytes) in /hermes/bosnaweb03b/b671/ipw.business-yachtclub/public_html/club-de-navegacion/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1469

Please can you provide a more effective support solutioning the problem and make X Theme stable? I’ve already listened the increase memory stuff and followed update guide links dozen of time with no success and communication with my customer simply became embarrassing. We are not even able to change a price on the page or a line of text.

Thanks

Hi,

The theme is stable and there are hundreds of sites using it without any issues.

I tried to set your memory limit to 1024M which is more than enough for the theme but your site is still showing out of memory error. It means that something is eating up the memory.

I would try checking with your hosting provider on this particular issue. Your host will be able to diagnose things much better due to the fact that they have a more complete view of your account and can work behind the scenes with you. If the problem you are experiencing persists after working with your host, don’t hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Any relevant information that you can share with us from your host is also greatly appreciated as it will help us to better ascertain the source of the problem.

I can see that your php version is still 5.6, please also ask your hosting provider to update it to version 7.2 as that is the required version of wordpress

Thanks

Hi,

sorry Paul but I have this problem with all plugins deactivated and only Cornerstone activated.

I will investigate with the hosting provider but, since they have already allocated the memory I’ve asked, let’s assume (just to stop bouncing between supports), let’s assume that what it’s eating up memory it’s Cornerstone what do you suggest to do to solve the problem?

Hi,

I am pretty sure it’s not Cornerstone. When I login to your FTP, I can see other folder, sites and scripts in the root directory. These are all using the same resources as your wordpress site, so it could be one of those script in your server that is causing the issue. Your host will be able to check what script through their logs.

Thanks

Those folders are from the previous site that is not in use anymore - and it’s so old that used to work with minimum memory requirements - but ok let’s see what they said.

Keep you informed

thanks

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.