Cornerstone update screws up dropdown menu

Hello, when I update Cornerstone, the dropdown menus no longer work. WordPress, X Theme and all other plugins are up to date.

Hi @mclukens,

I checked your website and found out that the version of the current Cornerstone plugin installed on your website is not compatible with the version of the X theme.

Please kindly go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Cornerstone and deactivate and delete the plugin. Then please go to WordPress Dashboard > X > Validation and wait for a few seconds so that the theme installs the correct version of the Cornerstone plugin automatically.

Deleting the Cornerstone plugin will not delete the pages that you created using the plugin.

You need to have the X theme validated for the automatic installation of the Cornerstone plugin. Here is how you can validate the X theme.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response. I updated Cornerstone and now the dropdown menus don’t work. I deleted every other plugin besides cornerstone and it still doesn’t work. The site that is live now does not have the current version of cornerstone, the dropdowns work but the icons for the dropdown and search don’t show up in Chrome or Firefox. I need to fix soon!!!

Hello @mclukens,

I have checked your site and I can see that you are using X theme 7.1.2 with an older version of Cornerstone 4.0.4 which no longer compatible. Can you please update Cornerstone to version 4.1.2?

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @mclukens,

The issue is not coming from the updated version of Cornerstone, the issue is on your child theme. Please understand that the update of X and Cornerstone is synonymous, if you update one to the latest version, please update the other one as well to avoid incompatibility issue.

Please remove the customization on your child theme, or switch to parent theme for a while to see that your dropdown menu works without the child theme customization.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.