Cornerstone REALLY slow to load, often preview has a conflict

Hi there, was hoping you could help: Cornerstone pages load exceedingly slowly, and often there’s a caching conflict and I need to “Try Again” each time in order to see the preview. Additionally, the preview often doesn’t refresh to reflect changes, which causes us to have to either reload the preview (and lose all of our changes), or save the changes without being able to see them, and cross our fingers.

Can you help me tweak our settings so that Cornerstone screams along? I’ve got 512MB of RAM allocated to WP in my wp-config file … fyi. What else can I do to help?

(My next note will include login credentials …)

Thanks!

• Frank

Hello,

I’m having the same problem.
My site at 1und1.de works fine - the testsite at manitu.de could not handle the load from cornerstone.

best regards

new_to_html
P.S. Found an other Post withe almost the same issue

Hey @frankh and @newtohtml,

Intermittent loading and saving issues are usually due to slow servers. Web host settings and caching setup could also add to this.

Please try these solutions also:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

@frankh, going to wp-admin in your site redirects to the home page. Please fix that first.

@newtohtml, I removed your login credentials in this thread because the original poster could see it. Please open a separate thread. Also, contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thanks Christian … are you saying we should not use any caching or CDN if we’re using X Pro? Just want to clarify. Our site would be really slow if that’s the case!

I updated the secure note in this thread with /wp-admin login instructions. Thanks.

No. This is for troubleshooting purposes only.

Your wp-admin redirects to your home page. See Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, yes to log in please go to https://innovationleader.com/login – then you’ll have access to the WP toolbar to get into the dashboard. Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks, I’m able to log in. But I do see the performance issue even by logging in and by loading the dashboard, it takes much time. You have a very long list of active plugins and each plugin could affect performance. Is it okay if I disable them so I can continue the troubleshooting to see if this is cornerstone related? Else, please clone your site to a test URL and we can check it there, we don’t want to disable plugins from your live site.

Or, you can do that (disable the plugins) and test the cornerstone if there is any improvement in performance. It could be due to other plugin or combination of multiple plugins.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.