Cornerstone Problem - Preview is not loading

Hi Support,

I’ve noticed some problems with Cornerstone… When I want to edit a page with it, the error message “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” comes up.
I’ve tested all my plugins about conflicts, negative. I don’t use a caching plugin, but I deleted the browser cache at least.

Plugins, X and Wordpress are all up to date - and I am clueless… Any ideas?
My website is www.martinziaja.de.

Thanks in advance
Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website https://martinziaja.de/ and can see that you are running latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. However to resolve the issues you are facing, please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you, I just sent you a secure note…

Hello @martinziaja,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I think this is a case of plugin conflict. Upon login I opened couple of pages in Cornerstone but it wasn’t loading. And in between I also encountered 500 internal server error message. After that I disabled all the plugins and then reloaded the pages and this time Cornerstone is working fine. Please see screencast in secure note.

Thanks.

Thank you Prasant for your reply! Unfortunately, I deactcivated all the plugins as you recommended, but still have the same problem… Any ideas?

Hi @martinziaja,

I checked your website and I can not reproduce the problem. It seems that there is a specific page that you are talking about. Please get back to us with the exact page name that you have problems in.

I checked the website with the latest version of the Chrome Browser. Please also make sure that you check the Cornerstone with another browser.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,
thanks again for coming back to me so quickly! You’re right: I checked it with Chrome and this time it worked! So it must be a problem somehow with Firefox… But now I know the problem, I can work around it until Firefox is working proberly again with Cornerstone.

Thank you so much!
Martin

You’re welcome, Martin. If you’re using Firefox Developer Edition, please see the comment from our lead developer here.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.