Cornerstone Plugin disappeared - new installation can not be activated

Dear Support Team,

my Cornerstone Plugin has disappeared…

After Reinstalling it via FTP I am not able to activate it. The following message appears: “Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /homepages/29/d400394063/htdocs/Ventura-Projekt-2018/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6”

How can I solve the problem or install a new cornerstone otherwise? Pro is running in the newest Version.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Pro does not require Cornerstone as all of the functionality is included natively. Simply hover on WP Admin > Pro and you will see the the options like Header, Content, Footer (see screenshot). When you click on the Content, this is the content editor which is using Cornerstone at the back-end. So you can safely remove Cornerstone from the plugins page.

Please also check:

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Due to the fact, that the preview did not load I thought the missing cornerstone was the issue.

now I have deactivated the cache-plugin (W3 Total Cache) and voilà - everything works just fine again.

Best regards.

Ingo

Glad it’s sorted out, Ingo.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.