Cornerstone not working with X

Hi there. Cornerstone has stopped working so we can’t edit our pages. I have the latest version of X theme. When we deactivated all our plugins Cornerstone started working. But if any of the plugins are running then cornerstone doesn’t work. This was not a problem for 12months. But in last few weeks it became a probelm. Please help!

Hi Hugh,

There are a lot of Javascript errors on the console when I tried to load the pages in Cornerstone that might be causing the issue. Please try to clear your autoptimize cache and all your site’s cache.

In case the issue persists, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there - please tell me how clear my autoptimize cache and all my site’s cache. I’ve clicked on the autoptimize in the top left, and then clicked ‘delete cache’ and nothing has happened. please help

Hi again. So i tried the plugin deactivation. it turns out it was the “Autoptimize” plugin itself that was causing Cornerstone to not work. Can you recommend an alternative cache plugin that is compatible with X and Cornerstone

Hey Hugh,

Please try the solution posted in this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizer-not-working-on-newly-installed-x-theme/51936/10?u=christian_y

Just note that we do not have support for Autoptimize nor any third party plugins in general. It just happened that my colleague did have an experience using the said plugin. If you still experience issues, please contact the plugin author or have a third party developer configure the plugin correct for you.

We do have a performance guide and a plugin suggestion at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210. Please remember that the article is only a guide. It is not a one size fits all solution. In case of issues or speed improvements, please consult with a website speed service provider.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.