Cornerstone Not Working on brand New Install

Hi
I just installed Theme X with a demo theme and Cornerstone wont load. I just get the spinning loading icon. Ive tried deleting cache

Disappointing as its a brand new theme with no customisations yet

Please advise
Thanks

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. You’re actually joining us right in the midst of a product update cycle. The next big release of X and Cornerstone came out this week and we had a few bugs to sort out that weren’t caught in beta testing.

What you’re describing sounds like an error we fixed where the latest Cornerstone wasn’t compatible with WordPress 4.9 (version 5.1 is the latest). We pushed out some bug fixes today in two different releases. If you have automatic updates setup (by validating X) you can simply update to the latest version.

If you’re still having trouble after updating please let us know. If you add a secure note to your topic and include login credentials we can take a closer look at what’s going on.

Thanks - that update seemed to fix it but I have a new issue when I access the home page. I get an HTML error. The home page is a template from one of your samples and I obviously havent had a chance to edit it yet

ErrorMsg
Uh oh!
The preview HTML did not include a closing ; tag. It may fail to load or work properly

Update: I reloaded the template and it seems to work now so all resolved

Hello Mark,

In case you want to read about the recent updates you may check our Release Notes:

As well as our changelog:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.