Cornerstone not working again

Goodmorning,
This morning I wanted to add something to my homepage using Cornerstone. And it’s not working. I updated everything there was to update…Cornerstone still not working.
All I see ( as one time earlier by the way) is a black square with a white line circling in it.

Can you pls check?

Thanks in advance.
Kindestregadrs
Irene

Hi Irene,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and max execution time or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hej Paul…tried all kind of things…still not working.

Can you pls check my earlier posts about this issue and see if it’s anything like that again?
My technical skills are probably not big enough for all that!

But I need a working Cornerstone!

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

I checked your site from the old post and found you have the same issue as before.

Please follow your this old post for a possible fix.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your answer…the thing one of your colleagues fixed it last time by going in to my account at my provider

Hi Irene,

In that case, could you please provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further. If you can provide your hosting control panel access, that will be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Hej Mldarshana

Just sent you the secure note in answer! Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Hi Irene,

I was able to login to your web hosting control panel and I see that you’re using PHP v7.2.8 which is a good sign. However I see that your PHP memory limit is set to 256MB and PHP max script execution time is set to 30 seconds and I do not see a way to increase them within your control panel.

Then when I have tried to connect to your server through FTP, I’m getting the following error in secure note. Which seems that you may have enabled IP based restriction. You may need to contact your hosting provider with regard to that.

Some hosting provider do not allow to increase PHP memory limit manually. If have tried @paul.r’s recommendations above, then you need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase for you.

Basically ask them to increase your PHP memory limit to 512MB and also ask them to increase PHP max execution time to 120 or above value.

You can confirm those changes by head over to WordPress Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo section. Then try testing your Cornerstone editor and see if that helps.

Thanks!

I will sent them your message to have a look!

Thanks a lot for now!

Hi @irene.tcd,

Are you sure it’s the correct credentials for that site? The site name in public_html is different than the domain name that has the issue. It’s via****.com but within FTP it is nrd****,

I also intentionally renamed the files to trigger errors and but nothing happened (I renamed them back), so I assume what I’m working on the FTP is different to the site that has the issue.

Thanks!

Hej Rad,

I’m not into that kind of stuff…but somewhere ‘it rings a bell’. Tomorrow morning I will contact the provider Your Hosting!
I once had a website named Neroli & Roses…so there might be something there…I know they did something with changing the name.

Thanks for now!

Hi Irene,

Let us know how it goes with your hosting provider. Basically ask them to increase PHP memory limit and PHP max script execution time as I have mentioned above. Those are the possible issues I see in your site.

Thanks!

Hej again,

Just got a mail from yourhosting PHP memory is up to 512MB and the the PHP max up 120.
Cornerstone still doesn’t work.

Ik heb de verzochte wijzigingen doorgevoerd. Het werkgeheugen staat op 512MB en de max_execution_time op 120 seconden.

In a secure note I will sent answer to Rad’s question from yesterday.
Thanks
Irene

Hi @irene.tcd,

There is no issue accessing the FTP credentials you provided. What I’m saying is, no matter what changes I add, it doesn’t take effect so maybe I’m accessing the wrong FTP login.

Please check the secure note.

Thanks!

Hej Rad,

Send your mail through to Your Hosting…they’re closed today…
But another thing is…this also happened a couple of months ago after an update and that time you yourself fixed by going’ into my acc at my provider.

Anyway…off course there’s a timedifference and we’ll have to wait till tomorrow before I can get answers again.

Have a nice Sunday and thanks for your help until now!

Sure, please let us know :slight_smile:

Hej Rad en colleques!

Spoke to Your Hosting again…they like to have the IP adress you’re using so they can whitelist it.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Irene

Hi There,

Our staffs come from many countries so provide the IP address is not good solution.

Would you mind turning off the restriction for 48 hours so we can access to your FTP account?

Thank you.

Hej Thai,

Sorry, they’re not allowed to do that!

They propose one person working on this and then they will whitelist that one IP adress.
I’m in the Netherlands…so perhaps that information can help you?

Thanks in advance
Irene

Hi Irene,

I’m sorry but we cannot provide any particular IP address. IP addresses are dynamic and it is suppose to change time to time when connecting to internet which is controlled by ISP.

Since we have several staff members working from Philippines, If you can whitelist for the country Philippines, one of our staff should be able to look into your issue.

Thanks!