Cornerstone not working 12 sep 2019

Hi, Cornerstone was working earlier tonight, and then suddenly it just would not work. I keep getting this message, please see attached. The url is www.erskinevilledoctors.com.au

Hi @ KimSS,

Would you mind providing more details about the issue you are getting in Cornerstone?

For the meantime, you might need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Please also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi, The php v was upgraded a few months ago. I’ve deactivated and reactivated plugins - no change. I don’t understand it, one min it was working, the next nothing.

Hi @KimSS,

In that case, would you mind providing us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Hi @KimSS,

As to how it stands now with multiple plugins you’re running, your server requirements are quite low. You can see that here.

Try increasing your PHP Memory Limit to 512M and PHP Time Limit to 300

Increasing PHP Memory Limit
How to increase the PHP time limit

Some hosting does not allow to adjust these things on your own. If you see what you did not take effect, please contact your hosting support to assist you in increasing your PHP Memory Limit and PHP Time Limit.

Thanks,

Thank you, I will try that. Appreciate the help. Kim

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks guys. The server is managed by another person, and he hasn’t responded to my request as yet. I can access via ftp. When i go to the site, i’m looking for the file wp.config.php to at least increase the memory, as previously advised. I can’t find that file. I’ve been going to public_htmal - themes, X, wpincludes. Is that right? Appreciate the help. Regards Kim

Hi Kim,

While you have your server personnel, consider this case as well, as I see an indication of this same issue (ModSecurity blocking) on your site.

Yes, the wp.config.php file is in the root directory of your Wordpress installation, commonly it is on the public_html folder, but it is also possible that the Wordpress installation is in another folder. Please confirm to your server personnel for the correct directory.

Thanks,

Hi Guys,
Cornerstone is still not working. We have upgraded php, and increased the memory. There was an API error, which i contacted our host about. It was a plugin, and I have de-activated the plugin and the API error is gone. We still get the same error and I can’t use cornerstone. I don’t know what to do next? Please help. Thanks Kim

Hey Kim,

To clarify, it is your home page that is only having this issue. Other pages work.

Friech mentioned that it’s usually ModSecurity restriction that is causing this issue. Did you ask your web host to check or test deactivating ModSecurity or other security systems to check if that’s the cause of the issue? Your problem is similar to this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/page-preview-cannot-load/50195/13. Please ask your web host to apply the same solution provided in there.

If they aren’t using ModSecurity or any security systems, please have your web host read the server error logs so they could fix server issues accordingly. This problem is usually caused by web host server settings.

You can also give us FTP access so we could check the error log but please note that we can’t guarantee a fix because the server setup is beyond our control.

Thanks.

The host server company is not too helpful to be honest. Cornerstone now seems to be working on all but the home page, and I ended up saving layout as a template, and i can recreate and Cornerstone works in the recreated page. We were going to update the whole site to X Pro, but i’m very nervous about doing it now. I’d be very happy if you could check it via ftp, I’d appreciate it because I’m starting to go crazy mad! If it’s ok with you I’ll send you the ftp privately. Thank you so much

And no, that’s not the home page, the home page is http://erskinevilledoctors.com.au/
Sorry, just reread the question. It just seems to be the home page now, thank you

Hi Kim,

I’ve updated your site to the latest version and it seems to be working now. This would make sense because what would trigger a ModSecurity error is usually a very large server response. The recent update reduced that size significantly. It’s still unusually slow from what I’ve experienced in most hosting environments. In an ideal environment you should see the whole builder load and be ready to use within a few seconds.

Hi Alexander - Wow! Thank you so much for being so great!!! I can’t thank you enough. Take care :slight_smile: Kim

Hi Kim,

We’re very happy that the issue has been resolved and that Alex was able to help you out. Have a great day!

Alex is a Rock Star!! I really can’t thank him enough for helping me so much. Take care Kim

Thank you for your kind words about Alex, Kim. Take care.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.