Cornerstone not showing up as an option for posts - issue began after a cornerstone plugin update

I’ve been using Cornerstone to update my web site for years and have come to depend on it. All of a sudden, after a regular update, the option to edit posts in Cornerstone has dissappeared. It still shows up as an option for editing pages, but it is gone from posts. Does anyone know what this might be due to and how I can get it back for editing posts?

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This issue happen because of the introduction of the Permissions feature in the latest updates. By default the “Edit in Cornerstone” is disabled in Posts. To enabled it back, please go to X > Settings > Permissions. Find the Posts and configure it. To know more about this new Permissions feature, please check out this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Hope this helps.

Hi @RueNel,

I don’t have the Permissions option at Settings. Here’s a screenshot of what I do see.
What can I do?

Regards, Linda

HI @lindavanrumpt,

I will show an image where it is located.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I have two websites running on X. With one I have changed the settings successfully, so there it’s working.

But the other one only shows the settings as the printscreen image. So I can’t edit the persmissions, I don’t see the page as it should. Is there something wrong with my version or an update or something?

Regards,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Can you provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

For the mean time please make sure that your theme and plugin has been updated.

The latest version numbers are

X 6.1.6
Cornerstone 3.1.6

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.