Cornerstone Not Loading/Can't Edit Pages With Site Using Default (Plain) Permalinks

Hello, I’m creating a new thread in follow up to an existing thread I was working with support on this issue about… here is a link back to that original thread

Thank you!

Hi There,

Please go to Settings > Permalinks: Choose Postname
The access to Cornerstone is now different in new version and instead of >cornerstone=1 mode it is in /x/ URL structure. We had to do this to accommodate new changes which we introduced in Cornerstone version 2+ .

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up, but I believe based on some other replies I got from support the page builder and whole application will still work with default permalinks. Please see the quote below from the previous thread from support team member Alexander.

Following that bit I tried some things he mentioned in the previous thread and was still having an issue and then another support person wrote this

Which is how I’ve arrived up to the current point, as it sounds like there is something else going on since the application will still work with the default permalinks, but something else is messing with it’s function since I can’t seem to load Cornerstone and edit any of the pages. It sounded like there were a number of reasons that the preview was failing to load according to the support person and they just needed to look further into it.

Thank you

Hi there @totalgeek,

You’ve included the login information, but no domain. If you could let us know the domain in question please and we can then further debug this for you.

Thanks!

Whoops! My mistake, sorry about that. The domain is www.totalgeekdom.com

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I went to the dashboard and added a text page, used the Cornerstone to add an alert box and it worked ok, the permalink setting is set to post_id.

Here is the link: http://www.totalgeekdom.com/test-page

It seems that you are experiencing the problem only on specific pages. Would you please kindly get back to us with the exact page which you are experiencing the problem?

It worths to say that the process of editing with Cornerstone is very slow on your hosting service provider. I suggest that you contact then and follow up the guide below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196 (Not Working or Showing a White Screen section.)

Thank you.

Hello,

I think maybe you might have missed some of the text from the other thread and this one, I specifically did not want to change my permalink structure and that’s the reason why I’ve been working with support to try and get this issue resolved. Please DO NOT change the permalink structure of the site when testing. I know it will work if I change the permalink structure, but changing the permalink structure from default has other consequences which I’d like to avoid if at all possible.

I changed the permalink structure back to default and ran back into the same issue, the pages are not able to be edited with Cornerstone, I just get an error. The same thing applies to the new test page, I just get an error on that page as well.

So I’m still kind of stuck being unable to edit the site with the new version of Cornerstone. But I’m still hopeful it can be fixed as a couple of support people have pointed out that Cornerstone will work with the default permalinks…

So it sounds like there are other things happening that are preventing Cornerstone from working with the site. I really appreciate the help in trying to get it sorted out.

Just to clarify, please do not change the permalink structure of my site during testing from default (plain).

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi there,

It’s a bug, I tried some workaround with no success. I’m afraid that you need to switch your permalink other than standard IF you wish to use the edit button or the edit link in admin bar (for now).

OR, stay with your standard permalink and edit your pages through X > Launch > Content > (edit your page)

I forwarded this as a bug so our developer can further check it.

Thanks.

Thank you!

That work around works! I figured that there had to be some way to still edit the page that I just couldn’t find. So for right now I’ll just edit through the path you listed.

Thank you for forwarding the bug over to the developer. Hopefully maybe that means a future revision might fix the bug and allow editing through the pages again, but this is a workable solution for now. Thanks for you help!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.