Cornerstone Not Loading After Site Migration

Hi There,

I have recently migrated a site from a temporary domain to a new domain and cornerstone is not loading on the new site. I have tried to disable 3rd party plugins, tried to uninstall and install x theme and cornerstone and still can’t get it to work.

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I know how you migrated it? Could you try remigrating it with All in one migration plugin? This is to make sure the data are still intact and not corrupted.

Though, I couldn’t find any error at all, all URLs are correct, so perhaps the issue is internal to data.

Once remigrated and it still has the same problem then please provide your FTP login credentials as well. I’ll do further checking.

Thanks!

I used the migration tool included with my hosting @ one.com, I have used it before with no issues.

I will start again with the All in one migration plugin now and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Marc

I cannot use all in one migration to upload the site - I cannot increase my max upload size enough to upload the file so I think my only option is to use the Wordpress migration tool I used from one.com again. I will let you know if I get anywhere this time.

Hi Marc,

Thank you for informing us. If the method is not working for you, I am afraid you will need to contact the hosting service provider and ask them to increase the upload size, even temporarily to make a successful migration.

Thank you.

I have done the migration again and I have the same issue with cornerstone. I will send FTP login detials as requested.

Best,

Marc

Hi Marc,

I tried to login to the site using the details that you have provided in the first post of this thread but those details are not working anymore.

Cornerstone not loading after migration could be caused by several things. Firstly, the migration might not be successful to begin with. Another factor would be if the memory limit of your hosting is not enough. You might need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you have enough memory limit but Cornerstone is still not loading, please double check that all the URL on the site is updated to the new URL. Please install the Better Search Replace plugin then do the following:

search for http://oldurl.com and replace it with https://www.the-foresters.com and
    search for http:\/\/oldurl.com and replace it with https:\/\/www.the-foresters.com

Replace http://oldurl.com with the domain name of your development site.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I have followed your instructions and still have the same issue.

I will add a secure note with the login detials below.

Thanks,

Marc

I have just confirmed with my hosting provide that the PHP memory limit was increased as above.

Hello Marc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and can see the changes you have made. Further I checked for plugin conflict but issue is not getting resolved. Loading the page in Cornerstone and inspecting in the dev tools is showing error message that indicates that there might be some issues with the theme or Cornerstone files.

I suggest you to completely delete X Theme and Cornerstone from Appearance > Themes and Plugins > Installed Plugins. Doing so won’t delete the pages as they are saved in database.

Once you have deleted Theme and Cornerstone, under Apex members area or Themeforest, download latest version of X Theme and install the same from Appearance > Themes.

After reinstalling X Theme, please clear cache and reload the page in Cornerstone and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have done as per your instructions above and still the same issue persists :frowning:

Any other ideas?

Best,

Marc

Hi Marc,

I did everything I could, unfortunately, I was not able to resolve this issue. Do you still have the site intact on your temporary domain? As how it looks now your migration process did not really work well. I understand that you already did the migration twice using the one.com tool but that simply did not work (take a look on the site front-page).

Please redo the migration process, but this time follow thoroughly the guide provided here.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after migration so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

hi there,

I have done as per your instructions and no I have a different issue.

Please let me know if you have any other solutions.

Regards,

Marc

Hello Marc,

I am another staff checking in. I have logged in to your site and after a few tweaks, I was able to load Cornerstone and be able to edit your homepage.

Here’s what I did:

1.) I went to Settings > Permalinks and I have just updated your permalinks by simply clicking on the “Save Changes” button.

2.) I temporarily disabled the Performance Cache plugin. Caching plugins are best to turn ON when you are finish building your site and ready to go live.

Please check your site now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.