Cornerstone need to add page verification code

HI, this is a bit complicated, I need to add a meta description to the Head to verify my site. I am working on cornerstone can any one help please? thank you Corina

Hi Corina,

Please login through FTP then go to wp-content/themes/x-child then add this to the bottom of the functions.php file:

add_action('wp_head', 'add_code_header');

function add_code_header(){
?>
    <!-- Add the meta code here -->
<?php
}

Please add the meta code in the <!-- Add the meta code here -->.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ok loged in and am on File Zilla, but cannot find wp-content/themes/x-child? also just for info I do not have a child theme, dose this matter?
I actually< don’t think I have an File Zilla acount. Do I have to creat one ?

Hello @Scalentse,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As you don’t have child theme installed, you need to install Child theme to make the necessary changes.

You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

Please note that Filezilla is a software. You can get in touch with the hosting company to get FTP details.

That being said, if you would like more simpler solution you also have the option to install 3rd party plugin to add verification code. You can use plugins like Insert Headers and Footers. Here’s the resource that can be used to download and get started with the plugin.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-header-and-footer-code-in-wordpress/

Thanks.

thank you Prasant for this great information. When I use plugins do I still need to install a child theme? thank you C

Hello @Scalentse,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To add verification code using plugin method there is no need to install and setup child theme. However, in future if you want to make any changes into theme files, please make sure to install and setup child theme.

Thanks.

great thank you this has worded!!! perfect C

You’re welcome, C.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.