Cornerstone, features missing

Hello there, its been over a year since i used cornerstone for my site, ive not really needed to use it until now, i urgently need to remove some images, and make other changes, please excuse my ignorance anf massive lack of knowledge
When i used cornerstone before, it looks nothing like like it did befroe and most of the features are missing when trying to edit, im just at a total loss, please can someone help.
Rob

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! It’s not clear the exact issue that you’re having. Would you mind posting a screenshot and also provide your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue.

Secure note option can be located under your posts.

Thanks!

Hi There,

On Cornerstone, there is rare situations where you need to use shortcodes.

You posted a picture of the slider, the slides inside do support HTML and shortcodes, are you facing issues with the slider? Can you clarify what you want to modify so we can guide you?

Thanks

yes as ive not used this for a long time, im finding it difficult to explain what wrong.
When i go in the slider and click on the magnifying glass, there used to be a box in there where i could add different elements like, custom headlines, lines, widget area, anything, this just isn’t there?

Hi There,

Thanks for clarifying, this feature was removed and this is already on our issue tracker, in the meanwhile you can copy shortcodes from our shortcode page.

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/accordion/

Hope it helps

Hi Rob,

Now I see why you’re having some trouble on the site, Your X Theme version (4.3.4) is not Compatible with your Cornerstone (2.1.7), I think what happen here is you updated the Cornerstone but not the X Theme, a lot of things happen from that X version you have, especially with the addition of the V2 elements (the elements that you see with a lot of options.)

You can read all the changes on our Changelog page.

But if your site is built on Classic Elements (which is), you can still edit those elements too.

Like Joao mentioned above, we removed the shortcode generate that you’re looking for, but you can insert an image in a text element using the native Wordpress insert media tool.

If you’re planning to update the X Theme to the latest version (5.2.5), you will have to do some adjustments and updating to your site (extensions, 3rd party plugins and WordPress itself) to avoid incompatibility issues.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins
Upgrading WordPress

If your schedule does not allow you to do this for now, I’d advise that you downgrade the Cornerstone to the version that is right for your current X Theme (4.3.4). To do this, login to your FTP or cPanel’s file manager and navigate to this directory: /wp-content/themes/x/framework/plugins/ there you’ll see a cornerstone.zip file. That is the Cornerstone installer that is compatible with your X, download that file to your computer.

Then navigate to your admin dashboard > plugins list. Deactivate and delete the current Cornerstone installed (2.1.7). Then re-install the Cornerstone using the cornerstone.zip file you just downloaded.

How to Install a WordPress Plugin.

Whatever you do, do not edit your pages outside of Cornerstone, or you won’t be able to edit it back on Cornerstone. If you have any caching plugins/feature on your site, make sure to clear all of it after updating/downgrading.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

when i try and deactivate the cornerstone plugin, im just getting a constant white screen.

ive gone in the wp super cache, in settings its saying this.

Error: Your cache directory (/) or / need to be writable for this plugin to work. Double-check it.
Cannot continue… fix previous problems and retry.

thanks

In this case, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check what’s wrong with Cornerstone.

Thanks.

Hi Rob,

This ticket will be marked closed until you respond to me.

When you’re back you can simple reply back to this thread so that we can address the issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi there,

To update the theme to the latest version you need to have a complete backup of your website and follow the instructions below:

If for some reason the automatic update is not available for you, you will need to update the theme manually as mentioned in the article above.

After the update you need to make sure you follow the steps mentioned here:

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.