Cornerstone Editor Content Display Wrong

Take a look at the screenshots. The editor is not displaying content correctly. All of my pages/posts look like this in the editor and it’s difficult to work. Any idea why? Page for reference: https://www.ybc.com/whitney-wharf/

Hi there,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue still persists, kindly provide us with your admin details in a Secure Note so that we can check your setup.

Thank you.

1. Added lines above to wp-config.php file. No change.
  2. X and Cornerstone already updated to latest version.
  3. Plug-in conflict was with Autoptimize, which was recommended to me by the WP Premimum Support team at GoDaddy. Not compatible with X or Cornerstone. It already compressing information CSS/JS and ruined Cornerstone.

Autoptimize Plug-in messes up the visual editing environment in Cornerstone. Live view is fine, but you will lose the correct WYSIWYG view.

Hey Rachel,

You will need to turn off Autoptimize or other CSS and JS minification tools when you’re building your pages. That is because, such tools often does not take into account the correct loading of scripts and because the CSS and JS files in X and Cornerstone are already minified, further minification sometimes causes issues. For more details, please see our Performance guide https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210

Thanks.

Yeah, that little plug in has caused me much grief. At least I know the problem and the plug in isn’t crucial to site development. I can live without that one. Thanks for your help!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.