Cornerstone designed page will not show up "live" - page empty

Hi I’m a beginner and manage my companys site on my own - I chose x-theme for Cornerstone. It has been great and I’ve felt like a star:-). Now I need to make changes to it and Cornerstone works fine and I can see my changes. All buttons and stuff - thought everything was in controll then I realized that the “live” page is blank.

I searched the forum and tried to inaktivate Yoast that another thread with similar issues did - no luck.

I googled some more and could not find any threads with a solution.

I’m desperate -please help - what am I doing wrong?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s a multi-site, would you mind providing a credential that has access to network admin?

Your theme is X, but there is no cornerstone in the plugin page, this could be a permission/role issue. Please make sure to activate your cornerstone per site, and not in network admin.

Thanks!

Thanks,

here are my credentials, I use lotta for everything and I do everything on my site on my own…

How do I get Cornerstone on the plug in page? I can see that it is activated but what do I need to do to get it cornerstone plugin on the pages?

I added content rules for “author” on Cornerstone settings - is that it?

Hey @Lottafixelius,

I checked your front-end / live page and it is not blank (see Secure Note). Can you give us a screenshot so we could see what’s on your end?

I also see you’re using outdated version of X but your Cornerstone is updated. Please update X to the latest version

Setting Cornerstone’s Content Role to Author means it can only be used by authors in your site.

I also see you’re using Global Blocks, it is not compatible with V2 elements. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

You need to see this one…

That page and all the pages “under” have links and buttons in Cornerstone but no visual changes “live”. Only used old elements…

Upon checking, I only see this

Please reinstall X.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have searched several times for exactly what the steps are when you have to manually install a new version. I need one for dummies x-)

What are the steps when I have X installed and active. How do I go about to do that?

Do I have to remove x theme first? Please tell me in easy steps and exactly what to do.

Sorry :open_mouth:… Thanks

Please see the installation instruction here.

Hi again,

followed all the steps from the article you sent. But when I upload the zipfile I get the following error (WP Swedish version):

Installerar tema från uppladdad fil: themeforest-5871901-x-the-theme-wordpress-theme.zip
Packar upp paketet… (Unpacking)

Installerar temat… (installing theme)

“Målmappen finns redan. /www/webvol8/0t/akw2r2euj8nunz2/truckreparatoren.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/” (The file already exists)

Installationen av temat misslyckades. (installation failed)

What do I need to do? What should I do with the already installed theme?

Please login to your using FTP and delete the x folder in your themes folder then repeat the process.

Thanks.

Seems scary :-O. Can I deactivate and delete X theme in admin theme instead?

Hello @Lottafixelius,

Thanks for updating thread.

You can delete theme from WordPress admin panel but sometimes it won’t remove the directory and you may get the same error message (The file already exists). I suggest you to take a look at following tutorial to delete theme:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks!

Problem solved with empty “live” page :smiley: . I succeded in reinstalling x-theme and that was it :grinning:

Thanks for helping me out!

/Lotta

you are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.