Cornerstone: Can't save page

Thanks! I’ve added these lines and will now observe if it improves the stability.

Regards,
Sven

@Christina Thank you. I indeed am using such a plugin. I’ll first observe if the memory lines help, and if not I’ll try to deactivate the plugin.
Regards,
Sven

Great!
Please let us know how it goes.

@Christina @paul.r Unfortunately I’m still having the same issues, although I’ve disabled the SEO plugin and added the lines to wp-config.php (also with higher values).
As for the console, there are a number of warnings and errors while loading the Cornerstone page, but none at all when clicking “SAVE”. The errors are the same before a successful and an unsuccessful save.
During the day, there are phases where saving works fine, and others where I can hardly ever save. This I was suspecting a bad internet line, but the issue remained when I changed my internet connection.
This issue is really nasty, as I quite often have to do my changes twice. Any more suggestions would be great!

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Sure, I appreciate your help. I’ll attach the details here.

Hi there @swip,

Thanks for the additional details, I’ve taken a look and think there’s a few possibilities here.

1. Polylang is forcing /en or /de to the URL’s, but Cornerstone’s endpoint is only looking for the actual domain without these additions, as Polylang is forcing this, it appears that it is causing the 404 on the Cornerstone endpoint and the fallback doesn’t work, again because of the forced re-writes. This is the most likely cause of the issue.
  2. The child theme is conflicting with the parent theme and plugins, any missing semi-colons or other syntax errors will cause a malformed response.
  3. A plugin is conflicting with the saving process (related to 1).

I’d recommend deactivating all plugins apart from Cornerstone and seeing if you still get the 404’s on the Cornerstone endpoint and the malformed responses. If you don’t reactivate the plugins one by one until you encounter the same issue. That then means plugin ex is causing the issue. Once you’ve found that conflicting plugin if it is indeed the case, we can look into fixes.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot @Jack!
Any idea how I could solve 1. if this is causing the problem? It seems weird that Cornerstone sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t work if this is causing the problem.
I’ll try 2. and 3. asap. (and also 1. by temporarily disabling Polylang)

Hi There @swip

We have already submitted this issue to our development team and waiting for their feedback.

Thanks!

Hi @Jack and @mldarshana,
I can now confirm that it must be an incompatibility between Cornerstone and Polylang. When I temporarily deactivate Polylang, I don’t have any problems saving the page, and when I activate Polylang, I can sometimes save, and sometimes not.
I would highly appreciate ideas how to solve this conflict. Of course I’d prefer not to rebuild the whole site using a different multilingual plugin.

Hi There,

Unfortunely we cannot provide an ETA to resolve this matter, for the moment, please turn off polylang while updating your pages with CS, once you are finished you can turn it on again.

Thanks for understanding,

@Joao That’s not a real solution for a production server…

The conflict with Polylang and WPML are our highest priority and our development team is doing their best to find a solution.

Here is detailed information regarding the problem:

We are on the same ship regarding the Polylang plugin like the WPML one.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@christopher.amirian Thanks for this update. I appreciate that these conflicts have high priority.

Thank you for your understanding :slight_smile:

@christopher.amirian By when can I expect a solution? This issue is increasingly a problem for me. I am not able to update my website anymore without disabling Polylang - which leads to interruptions for visitors.
The last updates of Cornerstone / Polylang seem to have made this issue worse - a few months ago I had no problem editing with Cornerstone+Polylang, and now I am completely unable to edit my page!
If this problem is not solved soon, I am forced re-build my page on a completely different base, which would mean a huge amount of work.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we’re not sure about the ETA. But this is one of our developer’s priority, please stay tuned.

Thanks!

Any solution to this issue. I have been having the same issue for some time. A successful saving prompt appears, but the progress bar never gets to the end.

Note when I load the page to edit, I get a “Uh oh! An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.”

All non-themes plugins are deactivated.

Hi There,

Please open a new thread. Then share your credentials on a secure note. It might be different on your situation so we need to investigate.