Cornerstone Background Videos - unmute/mute button

I am using a youtube video as the background of one of my sections on cornerstone. I was wondering if there was a way for me to add a button that allows the video to be muted/unmuted. It is currently muted, but I would like it to play audio.

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully there is no option to unmute a background-video, however, you can use the Video Element instead for adding your video on to the page.

Elements - Video

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hey, thanks for that suggestion.

I am trying this now, but how am I able to create a custom mute button for this? I don’t want to user to have any controls other than to mute/unmute.

Thanks!

Hello Brian,

By default, the Video Element controls can be shown or hidden in the settings.

having to add a Mute or Unmute button will require custom development which is already beyond the scope of our support. You may need a 3rd party developer to do this kind of customization for you especially if you are not comfortable in coding it. You can start by checking out this links which might help you:

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the info! I am comfortable with developing it myself, but I was just wondering if you knew which function I should be calling. I see that you guys are using the mejs library, and I was planning on using their event calls, but your use of it seems to already initialize the player - so I was looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for the help anyway! I will probably just end up using youtubes API instead.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.