Cornerstone and X keep breaking my website

Hi, I posted recently here - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-validation-error-for-new-x-purchase-from-themeforest/16022/3?u=tomzapp but didn’t have chance to reply before the topic was closed.

I have been trying to get this working again, but it keeps crashing my website.

I have the latest version of Wordpress installed (4.9.1), and the latest release of X (5.2.5).

This is what seems to be happening.

1. I go to Appearance > Themes and activate X
  2. I open an incognito window and see that the front page of my website is only displaying the main text site title in the H1 in the header
  3. I go back to Appearance > Themes and deactivate X (activating my existing theme)

Now I either see the same (and missing website) or the website with some of the existing widgets reset.

1. When I click on Cornerstone in the left menu in wp-admin, it is showing that same old message again “You’re almost finished! Cornerstone is not validated. Place your Envato purchase code or Themeco license for instant access to automatic updates, support, and custom templates. Learn more about product validation or manage licenses directly in your Themeco account.”

It strikes me as a bit strange that I disabled X but Cornerstone is still active.

1. I then go to Plugins > Cornerstone > Deactivate and even though I have deactivated it, it seems to have moved my existing website front page widgets from Sidebar 2 to Sidebar 1.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Since you have activated another theme, I cannot inspect your site.

Most probably you’re using an older version of X theme or Cornerstone. Could you please check the version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and check the versions installed on your site. If you’re using any outdated versions, you can update them and see.

If you’re still having any issues, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.