Cornerstone and Theme X problems

Hi There,

I purchased Theme X in April 2107 (purchase code sent securely).

I tried to validate my licence for X using this confirmation code on Tuesday night, because there were issues with my WooCommerce and my site was faulty during a very important sale period. For some reason, the verification wasn’t working. I would input the code into the area required and click enter (just as instructed), but it does nothing.

I purchased a second licence at that point, desperate to try and solve this problem. The confirmation code for this second version is (sent securely). This also does not work though.

So, my first issue is that I seem to be unable to validate my licence for X.

Of course, I would like a full refund for one of these two registrations please.

My second issue is that today I have come to do some work on my site using cornerstone, but I’m getting the message “Uh oh!
An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.”

Please can someone contact me and solve these issues? I really need cornerstone to work, so that I can make changes.

I have tried deactivating all plugins to test if it is an incompatability with another plugin, but this didn’t work either. It does show that I need to update Cornerstone, but since I’m unable to validate my license, I can’t seem to do that.

I have tried clearing my cache.

If you’re going to suggest that I do something to a php file, I don’t know how to do this kind of thing, so I’ll securely provide my login details and please can you try this?

Thanks
Matt

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

The validation isn’t working due to javascript conflict, it won’t function as you press enter. And the other issue that I’m seeing is your themes and plugins remain old but you updated your Wordpress code to 4.9+. And that causes compatibility issues, plus, you’re serving your site’s asset/files through CDN which probably cache the old copies of your site.

Let’s do this first as I don’t want to touch your site for now.

1. Please restore your site to the previous state where it’s working, and where the WP core is still compatible.
  2. Clone your site to staging (sub-domain/sub-folder) and do the testing and updates there
  3. Disable all CDN and caches as much as possible

Then please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I will continue checking once your backup your site and with a staging. As for refund, you can contact Themeforest about that as they are the one that handles that matter.

Thanks.

Hi.

I have spoken to Pressable (my site hosters) and sent them your instructions.

They have managed to verify my license, and now I have updated Cornerstone.

There are still issues in Cornerstone though. I had a Feature Headline list and all the formatting on that went haywire. Also, I can’t seem to get videos to work. They look fine while I edit in cornerstone, but once on the site, they just don’t function at all.

Please can you log in to my wordpress (details given securely already) and just see what’s going wrong???

See my homepage (stairfurb.co.uk). The buttons under the top image, on the right, should have 8px vertical gaps between each, but it’s not showing on the page.

Also, so my price estimate (https://stairfurb.co.uk/price-estimate/) the estimator is showing in cornerstone, but then doesn’t actually work on the site.

There were absolutely no problems with my site 4 days ago and now there seem to be lots of issues. I’ve spoken to my hosting and they say it’s an issue with my theme provider, so please can you fix this.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) The vertical gaps is indeed 8pixels. It is not quite noticeable because of the box shadow of the button. Please understand that the 8px starts from the button border and not on the end of the box shadow.

2.) The estimator is not working because this is a JS error on the page.

This links should explain this JS error:

Hope this helps.

Hi,

It doesn’t really help, no.

Are you able to fix this issue, so that my price estimator works as it did before your update?

You also haven’t explainted why videos no longer work. I use the ‘classic video’ element. It works and looks fine in the editor, but then doesn’t work on the actual web page.

I have attached a screen grab of my Cornerstone on this page. As you can see, in cornerstone, it looks like the bottons in the right column will be in level with the features in the centre column. This just doesn’t translate into reality on the page though. Before this update, the proportions would translate to the real page.
It seems stupid that all proportions are different in the drag and drop editor (cornerstone) than on the actual page. As I said, this didn’t have this problem a few days ago.

Please can you fix this?

I have paid for the tool and now it seems that it doesn’t function as it should and it’s suddenly causing disruption with many of my other plugins.

If you are unwilling to log into my account and see these problems and fix them, am I able to go back the previous version of cornerstone, or will this have compatibility issues still? I’d then go back to the old version until I find a new site builder that won’t give me these issues.

Hey There,

1.) Your video is now playing. I have remove the div tag and used the iframe code only. The styling position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.22%; were added as an inline css.

2.) I have checked the page and I could not locate the Price Calculator on the page. It might have been removed from the page.

Could you re install or added it back again on the page?

I am just confused which one you are referring to, the AWS Price Calculator or the ez Form Calculator Premium? Check for their respective plugins and coordinates with the creators. It might have issues with WooCommerce latest release update.

Please let us know how it goes.

sorry. it is the AWS Price Calculator. It is located in the area of the page with the blue background. On the site, it just shows as loading now. It is not connected to woocommerce, so can’t be an issue with that.

It is on this page. https://stairfurb.co.uk/price-estimate/

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I went to your website and checked the page in question. There is no indication of any error unfortunately and it is only showing the loading ... section.

I added a new test page and used the same shortcode which you used there using the Standard WordPress Editor and not the Cornerstone:

[ezfc id='5' /]

The result was the same and it kept showing the loading ... message. This shows that the problem is not related to Cornerstone.

This must be a conflict of some kind:

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also, backup your website and temporarily change the theme from X to another one and test the case.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.