ConvertPlug - Old Extensions

I just recently downloaded the X package from Themeforest so that I would be using the latest or atleast to the latest available extensions.

One extension that I use, is ConvertPlug, as of today, Feb 2018, the X package is using Version 3.0.3 Oct 10, 2017.

While this extension is at Version 3.2.0! And has SUBSTANTIAL issues fixed and more importantly numerous security issues fixed!
Since this extension is being included unmodified, why are we getting such an old version?

Here is what has been fixed and or updated since the version thats coming with X package:
Since we get certain extensions unmodified, how do we get the latest versions?

ConvertPlug
Version 3.2.0
1 Feb 2018
Version 3.2.0 Feb 01, 2018.
New: License Registration screen and process.
Fixed: Close popup on gravity form submission.
Fixed: Info bar push page down issue with some theme.
Fixed: An empty row content issue for Avada theme.
Fixed: Scroll function called on every scroll event causing the delay for the page.
Fixed: Impression count not working.
Fixed: Video autoplay not working on the desktop.
Fixed: Modal Autoclose not working.
Fixed: HTML syntax error for data-form-layout.
Fixed: Fullscreen modal space issue.
Fixed: HTML from success message not working.

Version 3.1.3
22 Dec 2017
Version 3.1.3 Dec 22, 2017.
Fixed: Hide on devices not working.
Fixed: Contact not getting added to default campaign.
Fixed: Theme added empty row if load after post enabled.

Version 3.1.2
15 Dec 2017
Version 3.1.2 Dec 15, 2017.
New: Added delete all style feature.
Fixed: Infobar page push down issue.
Fixed: Infinite refresh loop on click of “Delete” button.
Fixed: Infobar scroll issue for push page down on IOS devices.
Fixed: Infobar manual display shortcode doesn’t work.
Fixed: Page scroll issue while Infobar or Slide-In open on mobile devices.
Fixed: Conflict with Jobster theme.
Fixed: Conflict with Amazone link builder plugin.

Version 3.1.1
7 Dec 2017
Fixed
Fixed: License page not working issue.

Version 3.1.0
6 Dec 2017
New
Added Gradient background option for the Jugaad style.
Added text color option for the modal and slide-ins success message.
Option to open redirection URL in new tab.
Improvement

Show/ hide option added in logged in user targeting option.
Accept HTML tags in content for the Email notification.
JS optimisation on the frontend.

Fixed
Close option not working for info bar in Mozilla browser.
Inline module’s impression count not working.
Focus issue with form field input.
Slide-in visibility on the front end.
Slide-in does not open on the second click while using click event.
Same Slide-in open on click of inputs from the inline slide in.
Default position for module image not working.
Info bar issue with Push down the page.
Schedule option not working issue for modules.
Target page settings not working for WooCommerce archive pages.
1 Like

Hi there,

We surely appreciate your feedback, as you may already know the process of checking for the new versions and making sure it will not have any conflict with current theme functionalities is the key part and it takes time. You are right, the latest supported version is 3.0.3 and that is available as the ConvertPlus plugin in our bundled extensions.

You can read more what the bundled extension means and detailed information in the Bundled Version section of the article below:

We will inform about any updates regarding the plugin on our changelog.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Have you downloaded the X Theme package from themeforest? It clearly has convertplug.zip, which unzips to a folder containing ConvertPlug version 3.0.3.

Hello thanks for the response. I am very familiar with the ConvertPlug extension. I wasn’t asking for linkage to how to use it with X theme.

And I do understand that the older version of the plugin was tested and works fine with X theme.

The problem is the replies here are mentioning ConvertPlug and ConvertPlus as if they are interchangeable. They are vastly different. Its more than the fact that they rebranded the product by changing the name of the product. The newer versions of ConvertPlug and now ConvertPlus has a ton of new features AND security fixes.

Why would I develop a website for a client knowing I’m installing and using an outdated extension with known security issues?
Is it not possible to offer the latest version of these extensions that are advertised as a part of buying X / Pro, and leave it up to the developer’s discretion on using it?

With so much emphasis on keeping WP themes AND plugins updated, I really can’t understand how we are expected to use plugins this outdated, especially with numerous security fixes having been addressed.

@kimmikennedy,

Before releasing the latest version of the bundled plugins, they first undergo compatibility testing which could take a while because depending on the updates, it might be a complex process. We understand that it needs to be updated.

The link @christopher.amirian provided was not only for ConvertPlus usage. The important part in that link which is related to the bundled plugin update is this:

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you.

I fully understand. I get that the plugin is bundled and compatible with the theme at that time.

Unfortunately, this is not what I am asking. I’m asking how can a developer knowingly use plugins that are outdated on a client’s site, knowing that there are numerous security issues that have been fixed?

I was already forced to purchase Slider Revolution, Essential Grid and Visual Composer because it is a MUST that these particular plugins be kept updated!

So now that I need to use ConvertPlug / ConvertPlus in this site, I have only 2 options…

1. Use this much outdated version with known security issues bundled with Pro (which is fully updated).
    or
  2. Go to Themeforest a pay for a secure version. (like I had to do with Slider Revolution, Essential Grid and Visual Composer)

A shame because I was “sold” on the fact that this theme came with these plugins, like advertised! Just didn’t know I would be getting ones that had known security issues.

Hey Kim,

Essential Grid, Revolution Slider and Visual Composer are all on the latest version in our own automatic update so there is no discrepancy between the standalone version and ours. Our releases might be delayed when there are compatibility issues by a few weeks till the plugin developer had time to resolve the issue together with us but other than that we are very quick with releasing updates. With ConvertPlug we had to wait for 3.2.0 which came out in the beginning of february and is scheduled to be released this coming week via our automatic updates. I’ve checked the ConvertPlug security fixes and 3.0.2 had a fix but the 2 versions following did not include any security relevant fixes otherwise we would have released the plugin even though there would have been a bug. It’s always security > usability.

I understand that running and being always on the most recent version is key to us but we have to keep in mind that over 200,000 people are running our theme and a lot of them use those extensions so we need to make sure that if we push an update its compatible and working with all the X native features. I hope I could give you a little insight on why there is a certain delay and will inform you as soon as ConvertPlug is available within the next days.

So I’m not confused, I fully understand that it is impossible for X to contain the very latest versions of plugins, that would be virtually impossible.

But from what you said, [quote=“rubin, post:8, topic:23210”]
Revolution Slider … are all on the latest version in our own automatic update
[/quote]

The version of Revolution Slider, as of today that I get with the X package is Version 5.4.6.2 StarPath (13th October 2017)
The version of Revolution Slider, as of today offered by them is Version 5.4.7 StarPath (1st February 2018)

Version 5.4.7 StarPath (1st February 2018)
Version 5.4.6.5 StarPath (18th January 2018)
Version 5.4.6.4 StarPath (29th November 2017)
Version 5.4.6.3.1 StarPath (15th November 2017)
Version 5.4.6.3 StarPath (10th November 2017)
Version 5.4.6.2 StarPath (13th October 2017)

Is this correct?

Hey Kim,

You are not running the latest version available. You can see the latest version we provide on this page:

Version 5.4.6.6 (26th January 2018) is the one we provide via our automated updates. Make sure to make a forced update check by clicking on Dashboard > Updates > Check for updates.

On a side note, we’ve just released ConvertPlug 3.2.0 :slight_smile:

Ahhh… now that explains it! The versions I have been referring to are coming from me going to themeforest and downloading the X package.

So your saying I have to be in my admin, and do update from there.

With my Pro site I’m locally developing now, I click on update, and it says “Nothing to report”. In my config file I am blocking background wordpress updates, certain cronjobs and all outgoing http calls (it helps my pages render much faster) while developing. BUT, I do have *.themeco.com and themeco.com whitelisted.

/*Disable/block all external HTTP requests Speedup site.*/
define( 'WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL', TRUE );

/*Whitelist.*/
define( 'WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS', 'theme.co, *.themeco.co, downloads.wordpress.org, api.wordpress.org' );

Should I be whitelisting another Themeco domain or IP address so the update of plugins can happen? Because extensions / plugins from Themeco are not updating.

Hey There,

Troubleshooting a local environment is always tricky as there can be firewalls and other things preventing the update from happening. We also use Amazon AWS for our updates so the IP address where the source is coming from can be dynamic.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.