Convert plus modal pop up not working anymore

Hello from one moment to another my before working modal popups are not working anymore on the frontend, also on the back end I cant load and edit them anymore. Everything was recently working fine. I already tried to disable all plugins etc. but unfortunately without result. On my other website everything is still working as it once did.

I discovered that I can create new modal popups and they load, but creating everything new is not really a option at the moment.

Hopefully you can help me out thanks in advance.

Summary

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

Thank you for writing in, the PHP memory limit you have is kind of low with the plugins you have, would you mind increasing your PHP memory limit? You can follow the guide provided here.

Currently, you have 256MB (see Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo > PHP Memory Limit) try to increase that to 512M. If the guide provided above did not work, please contact your hosting support, as some hosting does not allow their user to increase this on their own.

Remember to clear all your caching features (autoptimize, caching plugins, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello thanks for the fast reply! I chnged the memory to 512mb and cleaned the cache etc. but unfortunately without any result.

Hopefully you can provide me with another solution.

Thank you.

One more thing that I just discovered when making a new modal (using the exact same settings as from my website that does still work normal) is that the background pictures don’t show up, instead I just get a box with the text and buttons showing but no background picture. Hope this information helps to get the issue solved.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hello Jeroen,

I have logged in and checked your site. I could not find any JS error that may prevent the modal editor to load. There could be a plugin conflict somewhere. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

And also please increase your PHP time limit. At the moment you only have 30 seconds. If you can increase it to at least 300 that might make a difference.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hello thanks once again,

I just increased the PHP time limit to 300, unfortunately again without any effect. Before I contacted you for support, I already switched off all the plugins, also this doesn’t work.

I really hope you can help me in another way.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Just to be sure I disabled all plugins but again no result.

Hi Jeroen,

Errors are originating from the cache, I deactivated them and the errors are gone but still no popup. May I know which pop you’re referring? I tried opening them and it won’t load the popup editor in admin. I assume there is an internal server error but none is recorded in the console. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well?

Thanks!

Hello Rad,

I have multiple pop ups at the website. But “kiteholiday” and “kiteschool call to action” should be showing up on the first section of the page. I will send you my FTP login credentials now

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

I can’t confirm any of it since the ConvertPlus editor isn’t loading without error. There are warnings but it shouldn’t cause this issue. Is there a way you could set up staging of this site, I like to check this on the different environment and so I could easily delete and re-install without harming your site. Please check this about the staging https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874/2

The theme and plugins were inactive and still the same, so it could be due to host environment but I couldn’t confirm it since the configuration are okay.

Thanks!

I’m creating an environment now

I’m having difficulties with creating the staging website… Whenever i try to import the file it keeps hanging on 100% and just freezes. Is there anything else you/we can do to solve this problem? I’m kinda dealing with a deadline for a upcoming event that needs to be created on the website.

Thanks for the help.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi SchoonhovenOntwerpStudio,

The best people that can help you on the staging website case are the hosting service provider support staff. Would you please contact them and follow up the case?

Thank you.

Thanks, i contacted support. They found the following error message… will send in a private message

Hi Jeroen,

I checked the secure note. That is a PHP warning. The PHP warning is only a warning and not a fatal error message. So it will not prevent the normal PHP flow. That should not be the problem cause.

I wonder if the information that you gave regarding the staging website is ok so that we can check and test the case?

Thank you.

Hello Christopher,

I just asked support of the webhosting again if they can help me with setting up the staging website.
Will give you an update hopefully soon.

Thanks for all the help.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

You’re always welcome.
We will be standing by to test out the staging site.

Just got the following 2 messages back:
Hello,

This looks like a plugin issue. As per checking I could see that many other have faced same issue and were asked to update plugin to latest version if that does not fix the issue please contact the plugin provider to see if there is any then else that need to be enabled at hosting side.

Kind regards,
Vimal
Interserver Inc.

I have display errors off now:

http://thespot-srilanka.com/phpinfo.php

debug mode is off in wp-config.php

Do you see this error any more?

John Quaglieri
InterServer, Inc

Is this helpful information?

Hello @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

No more errors and PHP warning in your site. This does not resolve the issue with your ConvertPlus though. There is something that blocks or prevents the modal popup builder to load. Would you mind updating your PHP version to 7.2? There are some cases that PHP 7.1 causes problems in some site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello Rue,

I just switched to PHP 7.2 but still no result