Convert plus modal pop up not working anymore

Are the settings ok?

Hello @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

Now that it is updated to 7.2 all settings seem okay.
I have logged in again in your site and I was able to edit the first modal pop. Check the image below.

I am not able to edit some other modal popups though. Which one you are trying to edit?

Hello thanks for that.

But yes you’re right, I can only edit the new modal pop up (this one I created yesterday) but still if you view at it on the frontend you will see that it is not loading properly, only the text will show and not the background image.
And yes you’re also right that the other modals don’t load at all in the editor and on the frontend, unfortunately does this still not solve the problem.

Also I’m running similar modals on https://kitesurfspot-vietnam.com (same server) but here everything is working without issues.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hey Jeroen,

It looks like your web host is blocking some Ajax requests. Please take a look at the Network screenshot below. On the left is the load sequence in my test site and on the right, a modal that doesn’t work in your site.

As you can see, it can’t completely load. Something is blocking ConvertPlus from completely loading. It could be due to your security plugin or some security setup in your web host. Though I know you’ve tested deactivating plugins, its setup in your WordPress install could still be taking effect.

I’m not sure if this is related but when I posted the modal that works in a test page, I see an error in the console related to an Ajax request that is blocked by your host or security plugin. That might be similar why the modal does not work.

ConvertPlus in itself does not have a bug with regards to editing and frontend displays. It works fine in all my test sites so this is surely a conflict with your web host in combination with your WordPress setup. Regretfully, we have no means to troubleshoot that as we have no control over the server. Please contact your host to temporarily disable such restrictions. We don’t know what restrictions they have. They are the ones that can see where the issue is coming from.

It would also be helpful if you compare the working site on the same server with the site with issue. Also completely copy your live site to the staging server.

I’d also recommend that you test copying your site to a different web host in order for you to confirm if it’s a server side issue.

After that, test a fresh WordPress install in a different server and only import X and your ConvertPlus Modals.

Regretfully, it’s important that you perform those tests because as I said, we have no means to troubleshoot as we do not have control over the server.

Thanks.

Hello,I finally managed to create a working staging website. Will send you all the details in a private message. Please experiment as off currently my website is showing a lot of errors. Besides the Convertplus errors I also discovered the following:

1. the page on https://thespot-srilanka.com/kitesurf-accommodation-kalpitiya-sri-lanka/ is not loading properly, it looks like there is some kind of slider now above the menu loading that was never there… also images are not loading correctly if you scroll further down the page.

2. Whenever there are products in the cart added and you want to see them by clicking on the cart button in the menu, the page is not loading and you just end up again on the homepage.

3. Not being able to pay for a product because I end up in a forbidden screen, see the uploaded image for more details.

I had still contact with my hosting support but without results.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

Maybe the hosting has a problem with installation or security, the only possible cause with 404 errors are incomplete installation of the plugin with missing files. Or security-related and the host is blocking the access to those files. I haven’t see any similar issue caused by plugins itself, it’s always host related since Wordpress is dependent to its file system.

If this is host related issue then creating a staging on the same host environment will be the same. Which is why I was recommending creating a staging manually outside your host. Given that many random issues on the current setup, I recommend trying it on a different host.

Back to modal popup issue, it appears to be your existing modal popup data are corrupted. I exported your modal popups to my existing installation and they aren’t working either, but my other modal popup works. I recommend re-creating your pop ups again. And the reason it’s not working on the front is because of cookies, please turn it off

And make sure there is no active cache plugin like Autoptimize. Any changes you’ll add will not appear immediately. Cache is the opposite of change which is why, you may only see some part of it from the front.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.