Contributors and Pro permissions

Hi,

I am setting up an account for a contributor and I’m just looking under the post specific configuration options.

What are the suggested things to switch off? I want them to be able to play around, but not change anything or start adding/removing anything they shouldn’t. (Completely new to pro theme.)

I have already switched off the publish option as so they have to submit for review.

Thanks guys.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

You can manage the Permissions in Pro > Settings > Permissions. To know more about permissions, you can check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

In most case, you will have to enable the Posts so that your contributor can only access the posts and not the header/footers or any other section that you do not want him to access. Please keep in mind that the Contributors can write, edit, and delete their own unpublished posts, but their content must be reviewed and published by an Admin or Editor. It’s important to note that Contributors can’t access the Media Library, so if they want to use specific images, videos, or audio files in the Media Library, they have to ask for assistance from an Admin or Editor. The Contributor role is a popular option for guest authors who don’t submit content on a regular basis.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.