Conflict with WPML

Hello. I continue this discussion.
The page The Grid, wich lists the grids, doesn’t work when WPML Multilingual CMS is activate. It seems that new grids are create but they aren’t available while WPLM is activate. When i desactivate WPML, the new grids are available. Can you suggest me a solution?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I checked and you don’t have any grids for another language. Please try creating grids for each language and use it accordingly. You should see two flags within in The Grid admin, choose the EN flag and it has no grids.

Thanks!

Yes Rad. It’s done. I have create one grid in EN.

Hi there,

It seems that the problem is originated from the fact that there are 2 separate domains for the WPML languages and Cornerstone cannot detect the correct one. I tried to add a new page and the problem is added to the secure note.

Is this only happening for The Grid or you experience this for all pages? I suggest that at the time being keep the WPML setting to use the subdirectory for the languages instead of a whole new domain. Also please enable the Custom Post Type Translation in the WPML options:

Thank you.

Yes, there are problem with cornerstone when we want create new contents. I’m afraid, in regard to the SEO and the communication around the website, that it’s not possible to change the URL, this site is in production. I thought that X theme was fully compatible with WPML!?

Actually, I need to make sure that the problem is 100% that. Is it possible for a minute or 2 you change the setting and see the result? If we make sure that is the case I surely will add this to our issue tracker to follow up the case.

Thank you for your udnerstanding and cooperation.

I will try as soon as possible.

Hi There,

Let us know the result when you try so we can add it on our issue tracker. I did some research too but I didn’t find similar situation where there’s different domain - not usinga subdirectory for the second language. We need as much information that will help the issue. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.