"Conflict on front end"

Hi there

I’ve been having problems saving a page I’m creating. This was’t an issue before.

Also an error message popped up saying…“A conflict on front end prevented the page from loading”…then the site still loaded, but once I work on a few steps, the Save function gets stuck just before the rotating cornerstone logo should be coming on (the green loading progress bar at the top doesn’t go all the way to the right either…) Is there an error in my code?

I’ve tried clearing the cache on Safari (Developer tab).

These are the plugins I’ve got on…but they weren’t a problem so far: have x-typekit, mail chimp for wordpress, x-google analytics, cornerstone and “easy forms for mail chimp”

thanks a lot

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please follow this post and do some of the solutions provided in there for the said “A conflict prevented the preview from loading” error.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for your fast reply!

I guess it was the “syntax error in custom coding”.

I had some custom CSS styling a textbox, which worked fine…until later I deleted that box with that particular class, which must’ve led to the error. I took the code out for the non-existant box it works again. I’m always surprised how stupid errors cause something that looks like it’s super complicated to fix…

fingers crossed and thanks again

Glad you’ve sorted it out.