Conflict on Front End

Hi,

I get the error: “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” when I want to edit pages in Cornerstone.

I have checked already with Siteground but no mod sec rules were triggered at the time the error appeared.
I have also deactivated CloudFlare and no other caching plugings are loaded.
I created a blank new page and the error still comes up.

I installed it in a staged version of my website - so the active website isn’t affected.

Could you please assist me with resolving this error.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi there,

It seems that you already took some steps. Here are the general troubleshooting cases we suggest in such case:

In addition please make sure that the PHP memory limit is enough to operate the website and the theme. To change the PHP memory limit please kindly read the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196 (Not Working or Showing a White Screen section.)

You may need to contact your hosting service provider for some of the steps mentioned above.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/USER/PASS of your WordPress dashboard using the secure note functionality of the post to follow-up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

none of the steps have resolved the issue.

I’ll send you a secure note with the login information.

Thanks,
Patrick

This is due to a pretty significant problem in SiteGround’s staging site provisioning. I’ve reached out to them a few times about it, but never got anywhere conclusive with them. In short, after moving the site they never update the Site URL and WordPress URL. Go to “Settings > General” in your WordPress dashboard to see they are still the original values.

This means any plugins that need to check the site URL (including Cornerstone) will be referencing the live site. When Cornerstone loads, it tries to load the preview iframe from the live URL which isn’t possible due to browser security policies, and not something we’d want anyway because it would be the live site instead of staging.

You can try manually updating the Site URL and WordPress URL to match the staging site. I can’t guarantee that will work however as SiteGround might have other things going on.

They (SiteGround) really just need to update their staging provisioning system to automatically set those URLs. Even better would be setting the WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL constants so the DB wouldn’t need to be changed.

Hi Alexander,

changing the WP_HOME to the staging URL works. WP_SITEURL doesn’t need to be changed.
Oh, and I needed to change them in the wp-config.php. Somehow changing them under SETTINGS-GENERAL didn’t work.

But there is one caveat - the home page isn’t loading now - I’ll get the error that too many redirections happened.

Any workarounds that I could try?

One more problem I came up with is that images aren’t loading.

The error is: “We cannot complete this request, remote data could not be fetched”

The adress is: https://i2.wp.com/www.staging2.unwrapyourmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/iStock_000012156006XSmall.jpg

Removing the staging2 and refering to the live website works, but that isn’t how it should be.

@palladion, Regretfully as this isn’t something I’ll be able to further troubleshoot as it’s related to the server configuration and not the theme. I would recommend reaching out to SiteGround to see if they can help you figure out what’s going on with the redirection error.

Ok. Alternatively, could you recommend a hosting company which offers staging and which works well with Wordpress and your products?

Hi There,

You could try our own hosting services.

We migrate your site for free, and you can test 30 days money back guarantee.

You can also find a good analysis about hosting companies here :

Hope it helps