Configuration Issue with convertplus and Mailchimp

Hello

I was trying to get a pop up form created in Mailchimp to show on my website but copying and pasting the code into the raw text element doesn’t work.

So I have tried using convertplus as recommended by you guys here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mailchimp-pop-up-form-not-showing/17665/13.

It all seems to be connected but when I tried to test it on the front end by putting in my email and clicking submit is get the following error:

“There appears to be the error with the configuration.”

I tried deleting and re-installing the plugin but still no luck.

The best outcome would be to get the pop up form created through mailchimp to work but if that isn’t possible fix the error with convertplus.

Any idea how to fix either?

I have had a previous discussion which has now been closed. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mailchimp-pop-up-form-not-showing/17665/13

Thanks

Justin

Hi there,

I checked the previous thread and now your request and seems that the problem is not the plugin or the first method you used. It is the configuration of the Mailchimp or the problem of accessing to MailChimp API due to the restriction of your hosting service provider.

I suggest that you forget the popup functionality at the moment. Use the Email Forms plugin which is a simple plugin which connects the Mailchimp form to the website. See if you can bring the form. If you fail then you need to check the settings of the MailChimp.

Add a test page please and get back to us with the form you have created using the connection of the Email Forms plugin and Mailchimp to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello

My client want’s a pop up form so I need to get it working. I don’t see the point in spending time setting up email forms when it wont provide that functionality they are after.

Are you suggesting that my hosting provider might be able to fix the issue? I have connected the website to mailchimp already through API using the plugin “Mailchimp for woocommerce” and all products synced.

Thanks

Justin

Hi there,

What I tried to suggest is that this must be something related to the configurations that you have done and the error message clearly mentions that. It is not related to the plugins or the theme that you are using.

I suggested the Email Forms configuration to see if you can connect to the Mailchimp correctly or not. The one you mentioned regarding Woocommerce products seems to be another case. Now you want to connect a list of the Mailchimp to the WordPress and have a form to subscribe to that list am I right?

You should be able to do that with the official MailChimp plugin. The problem is not the pop up in ConvertPlus, the problem is that there is an issue connecting between the WordPress and the MailChimp and you first need to make sure it is working for the purpose that you have now not the Woocommerce case that you say.

You need to first make sure you set things correctly then you can think of a solution for the Pop-up.

I suggest that you change our theme to the default WordPress theme and disable the Cornerstone and all plugins that might be related to our products, then use the official way of the MailChimp to add the form, you first mentioned that you had a code from MailChimp, that should work without our theme or products. First, make sure that ist it is working and get help from MailChimp support. As soon as you manage to do that enable the theme and Cornerstone and it should work without any impact on our theme.

Thank you.

Fair enough, I managed to get the pop up form created through mailchimp and pasting the code into the classic text element but it has stopped the testimonials slider (classic slider element) on the same page from working.

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

Justin

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The way you tried to add the script was wrong. I added the scripts at the very bottom of the body tag and it worked ok and the testimonials working as well.

I went to Appearance > Editor and clicked on the functions.php file and added the code below:

add_action('wp_footer', 'footer_stuff', 9999);

function footer_stuff() { ?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us14.list-manage.com","uuid":"321007f5cddbb392b0b75effe","lid":"cab9f066e8"}) })</script>
<?php }

That code ensures the scripts are added correctly.= and you are using a Child Theme, so the information will not get deleted in the next round of update.

For more information regarding the code and the customization I suggest that you check the articles below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.