Column Fade effect appears too late when scrolling

Hi there,

I have checked the case with Ori version 1.2.3 and the fade effect is working as expected with my MacBook. Maybe there is a case in a specific viewport that I do not have access.

I suggest that you open up a separate thread and give us detailed information and screenshots regarding the problem to be able to replicate and give you a better suggestion.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have the same Problem. And I think the problem is quite obvious. Screenshots attached. I am afraid users could leave the site too early because there is only blank space underneath. So the animation should happen about 20% offset earlier. Can you please tell me in which script the offset is defined? Thank you.

Yours
Stephen

Hi there,

You can’t change the offset, it’s within the core. You should disable the animation for the content relative to the footer. Changing the offset will also affect the fade in animation in a different scenario. For example, if the trigger is made early then middle content will be affected like you wouldn’t notice the animation or you will only see the animation about to finish.

The trigger is made so it will start scrolling when a big portion of content becomes viewable. But yes, it should be improved and bottom content should have different trigger percentage. I’ll add this as feature request.

Thanks.!

2 Likes

Uh, disabling the animation effect is not much of a “solution” to this ongoing problem…

Although yes, I have been forced to disable Fade Effects in several places, due to the poor timing built into the Fade Effect animations which are part of your core. (I’ve fiddled endlessly with those offset settings; only a very slight improvement can be achieved)

At lease provide us with a way to custom code it, even if you don’t add to the interface immediately.

This one would definitely top my list of feature requests! Please please…Love the Pro theme otherwise :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I can’t provide any custom code, the core script is obscured and compiled. It’s not readable, you can edit the sources but you still need to compile it again and push it to the core.

But yes, it’s already added to the feature request and already marked as the enhancement by our developer. Though, I’m not sure about its priority.

Thanks!

re: priority

Your development team should keep in mind that many people buy your theme for easy, no-scripting way to add all the ‘bells and whistles’ & nice eye candy to their Wordpress site; good animations are a big part of that these days!

It’s very disappointing when you have to remove all Fade Effects, when that’s one of the features you originally purchased the theme for. Just saying :slight_smile:

Hey There,

Your feedback is noted. We’ll bump our issue tracker list and relay your feedback.
Once our developers resolve this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next update release.

Please bear with us.

Okay, thank you. That’s good news.

No problem.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

I’d like to bump this thread again. First, I love this capability and believe it makes perfect sense as-implemented in scenarios that fade-in content while scrolling. However, if the content is contained in an element that would otherwise be in view, in particular on page load, then the animation should start as soon as the document is ready.

In my case, I have ABOVE THE FOLD content that is hidden because X has set the opacity to 0. Which is the same issue affecting others on this thread and we’d like it addressed.

I would like to suggest that you either A) give us control in the layout manager to set the percentage down within the column before the trigger is activated to show the content, or B) provide the capability to override your setting in code. Designers have been frustrated by this for months. My preference is option A since it solves the problem for everyone. Let me know if you would like me to fix the code on your behalf for option B.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi there,

We totally understand that you have a suggestion regarding the same functionality, but our issue tracker is set in a way that we should give unique links to consider it as a vote up for a feature.

Would you please kindly open up a separate thread and give your suggestion there so we can add the link to the issue tracker for a vote up?

Also, we will add extra description regarding the additional 2 possible ways you suggested.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I am having this issue as well, where text that is in view on page load is not showing because the animation is not triggered but if you scroll down then up everything look fine. Just wondering if there is an update on this or solution to the problem yet? Thanks.

Hello Brandon,

This quite an old ticket. To avoid any confusion, it’s my humble request to you to create a new ticket and share the relevant details. Posting on a ticket created by a different customer create lot of confusion which slows down the response time. Please create a new ticket and one of Themeco support staff will take a look and assist you accordingly.

Thanks for understanding.

Found ‘This quite an old ticket’ a bit too late. Here is your new ticket:

Hi,

My colleague have already answered that ticket.

Please check it out.

Thanks

So, this issue still remains until today. You mentioned on Feb 11 “it’s been added to our issue tracker”.
What happened in the meantime, when will it get fixed?

Hey @Ede,

Regretfully, we do not have a timeline as to when this will get fixed. The fade animation is also not yet included in the new Column element yet but our developers are planning a better way to get this fade feature to the Column element and this issue might be taken into account this time.

Thank you for understanding.

So as I understand the fade effect is now disabled on pro 3.1.2? I was looking for it, coz I knew it was avaiable on yearlier versions.

Hi @mmthesign,

Yes that is right, regretfully, the new Column doesn’t have the fade effect option, If you want to use the fade effect, you can use the Classic ROW as default child which contains the Classic Column, you can follow the instruction provided here.

We are planning on adding the feature but in a different way. We’re going to build a way to add fade and transition controls to all elements. For example, instead of an entire column, you could fade just a button. Or maybe you want to animate in an entire row? The new system will also allow for hover state changes to be applied to different elements. It will most likely be a new set of controls under the “Customize” tab.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA about this. But as soon as we have a timeframe we will provide information on our changelog page.

You can read more about this latest release here.

If you have a follow-up question, please write it on a separate thread as this one is getting longer and harder to follow.

Cheers!

1 Like