Classic vs V2 Elements for Fade In option

Hi all,
I want to use the fade in option while scrolling down to a single portfolio page.
I’ve read a lot about this feature but I find it just in the old Classic elements is this the way is supposed to be?

If I’m not wrong I understand that the fade in is for Columns, not rows or sections.
But unless I create a Classic section I can’t find the fadein option in the setup.

I activated the advanced mode.

I hope I can use just V2 Elements.

I followed this topic: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-enable-fade-effect-on-new-elements/51451/4

but I can’t see this option in the V2 column:

thanks

Hi @MrK,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Presently, the new Column does not have a fade option like the previous generation. If this is required, you may want to continue using the old version (see FAQ section https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-0-x-7-0-cornerstone-4-0/64267)

We didn’t include it because it would conflict with an upcoming feature we’re investigating that would add transition state controls to all V2 elements. For example, instead of an entire column, you could fade just a button. Or maybe you want to animate in an entire row? This will most likely be a new set of controls under the “Customize” tab of V2 elements.

Hope this helps!

Hi thanks for the reply I’m a little bit confused. I understand that the new V2 elements at the moment do not have the fadein option right?

But if I create a classic section and I go into setup for the column I get this:

While if go into an old project I see this:

This second option is the one that I need. How can I get this into a new project?

thanks

Hello @MrK,

The first screenshot is from the classic column element. The second one is from the v2 column element. If you are using the new row element, then most probably you will get the new column element which do not have any fade in effect. To have the v2 column element, please go to Preference > Content Layout Element and Select Classic Row element to be the default child when adding new sections.

Insert a new row and in your column settings, you can have the fade-in effects. Please keep in mind that in this classic row element, you won’t be having the Flex box capability. You will need to go back and switch to “Row” element again if you need to use flex box settings in your row and column layouts.

Hope this helps.

Hi there and thanks for the info. Yes all was clear just wanted to double check thanks.
I saw the new update I’ll check the info today.

No problem, @MrK, do let us know if you have any further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.