Classic text not filling container

I just recently updated my entire site and was working exclusively with the “Classic” Cornerstone elements. Since the update that I have now, with the new “V2” Elements, the “Classic” elements do not appear to be working as they originally did. In particular, the “Classic Text” when put into a Section > Row > Single Column does not fill the entire column, instead it centers itself at about 50%.

I’d prefer to not have to add any sort of class or inline styling to resolve this, and my reasoning to preferring the “Classic Text” is because it initially matches the settings I have in my theme, when compared to the new “V2” elements that have a stock styling.

Here is an example:

X Theme: 5.2.3
Cornerstone: 2.1.4

Thanks!

Hi there,

The Classic Text should work as before and that 50% width limitation should not be there. Maybe it is something related to cache. If you have cache plugin please kindly make sure that you purge all caches. Also, try to clear your browser cache.

The other thing is it might be related to generated CSS or the customization. If you have a Child Theme then kindly activate the parent theme and test. And if you have CSS code in the X > Launch > Options > CSS, temporarily remove them and check the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up.

The V2 elements do not have stock styling, you just need to set things to inherit from the theme options. For example:

And for the color, you just need to remove the color code from the picker and it will take the color of the theme.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for much for the reply, but I am still having issues with the Classic Text Element not spanning the entire container. I will follow up with a secure note containing my login information.

Oh, sorry, I should add that my Wordpress install does not have any cache plugin installed (yet) and have cleared all browser cache and the result is still the same, across a variety of PCs / browsers.

Hi There,

The credentials you have shared is limited. Though accessing the frontend, I found that the issue is because of custom CSS added on Cornerstone. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXDQ02Y38

.split-column h2, .split-column h6, .x-hr, .x-text, .x-feature-list {
    max-width: 400px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}

.x-text is the class for Classic text element. That CSS set maximum width to 400px and then margin centered it. Remove that class from the CSS.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Lely,

My fault on the credentials, I have updated the account I created so it has administrator access.

Your explanation makes sense, but I don’t see that anywhere in my Custom CSS, and I know that I did not add that. Any idea on where I can find that?

My fault! I found it, I didn’t realize I was working within a page that was generated from demo content.

The only thing I cannot figure out is why the new V2 Text element is not matching the predefined styles set within the Typography menu, the color and line height do not appear to be matching.

Hi There,

V2 does not follow the settings of Typography it is build with a more modern technology not compatible with the Theme Option Typography Settings.

At the moment I recommend using the classic text.

We should be implement the template manager very soon and this feature will allow you to style your V2 texts just as on classic text with much more features.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.