Childsheet Stylesheet is missing

I’ve looked through the support forum, but did not find a specific answer.

I am getting an error on my child theme : “The following themes are installed but incomplete.” Name:"Childsheet "
Description: “Stylesheet is missing”

I have cleared the cache, but still have this error. Everything seems to be working fine. Do I need to address this?
Please advise.

Hi @thewellreadmom,

This is mostly caused by incorrect parent theme installation. Please check if you’ve installed X and the child theme properly. If you’ve followed the instructions properly, please give us WP Admin and cPanel access in a Secure Note so we could check what’s happening.

Thanks.

I installed X back in December 2016. It was after one of the updates that I noticed the problem.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the given USer/Password is not working. Would you please kindly double check the information given?

Alsi, would you please kindly change the theme of the website from the Child Theme to Parent theme and see if it fixes the issue? If yes you will need to go to your Themeco Dashboard and download the correct Child Theme:

You need to backup your website completely and delete the Child Theme and install the new one:

Then you need to move your customization to the new Child Theme.

Thank you.

I was sent a notification that you logged in as administrator.
Please try again with the Userid and Password I will provide.
Thank you

Hi There,

I have resolved your issues. Now you should be able to utilize your child theme.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Could you tell me what you needed to do?

Hi There,

Glad things sorted out, that error is self-explanatory. Your child theme is incomplete because of its missing the style.css file (which contain the information about the theme).

So its either my colleague, re-uploaded a fresh child theme to your site or uploaded a new style.css to your child theme.

Have a nice weekend,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.